Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Lynott
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played through S4 Welcome Back for the second time solo tonight.

In the first game I split the German forces and attacked from the far north and far south trying a two pronged attack. It failed miserably. The defending Americans fought off the Germans in the north and taught me the dangers of crossing open space near an MG, and the benefits of laying residual fire for defence.

In the second game after setting up the Americans similar to last time (slightly artificially because I knew I was going to try something different with the Germans this time), I then went all in to the south to try and swamp the south flank. The Americans had a couple of elite units with flamethrowers in the woods which slowed down the Germans and inflicted some pain, but there were too many units. Plus I had held back my leaders in nearby buildings to rally broken units and get them back in the game. I did assault move onto the board with a decent leader, a squad and ad MMG onto O10 to pin down some American units, or at least slow down their race to the south, and again this worked well. Though there was some fun back and forth with them being broken, and then rallying under DM the next turn, so a bit of luck involved as well.

Good game, I really enjoyed this scenario - you never feel you have quite enough Americans, just that 1 more squad ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The pirate's life for me!
United States
flag msg tools
pineapples are in my head
badge
"There is a Heppy Land Furfur A-waay"
mbmbmbmbmb
Proper placement of the American .5 caliber really matters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris2476 wrote:
Proper placement of the American .50 caliber really matters!

FTFY! Sorry, the soldier in me just couldn't let that one go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.