The Far Seas» Forums » Rules

Subject: Station Raids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a British station be raided more than once during the game by the Germans? For that matter can a British Station be raided more than once a turn by different German ships/squadrons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
from Game Crafter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't point to a specific place in the rules because I don't have them to hand, but I have always played that the Victory Points for each station can be scored only once per game.

I think of it in terms of value. The psychological impact of destroying a station is far greater the first time than the second, third or fourth. And the material impact is also much greater the first time. If you think of each turn being about 2 weeks then raiding it twice in two weeks is not something the Germans would consider worth while - what more could be destroyed on the second visit that wasn't destroyed on the first?

Similarly, how much "station value" could be restored and rebuilt within the time frame of the game? And would the British actually wish to rebuild in a vulnerable location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that was the case but could not find the restriction in the rules. It seems that is the way we use to play it and your rationale makes sense. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
from Game Crafter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in rule 4.6.4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.