Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Pletz
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
After Sticheln, we moved onto our theme, "Cowboys and Frenchmen", with Wyatt Earp.

It was the first time Mary had played this. The rest of us had played this over a dozen times before. I was interested to see how this would go with four.

Since we had to go through the rules with her, it took a bit longer. I was surprised that she hadn't played that much Rummy so some of the concepts were unfamiliar. But as the card playing fiend that she is, Mary got up to speed quickly. By the end, she tied with me for second.

At the outset, I did really strong with a big cash haul on Butch Cassidy and went out before anyone could really get it together. Steve quickly assessed the situation after my big 10,000 dollar score and came after me solidly for the remainder of the game. In the last round, he tossed my run on Jesse James in a hideout and went out before I could get some photo cards on the table to offset it. This move brought me up short and won him the game.

While Mary was learning, Steve and I were competing, Chris took what he could get. He had some decent takes with his piece of the action strategy. Still it was just not enough.

All in all a pretty close outing.

Mary - 23,000
Steve - 26,000
Chris - 16,000
George -23,000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.