4 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hero ability + leader ability - is there trump? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jen B

New York
msg tools
Does a hero's passive ability to reduce damage (for example, the Berserker) apply to a leader's ability to inflict damage (for example, Lixis). Does the leader's ability "trump" anything heroes' abilities let them do, or not? Also, would love other card combos where this sort of question comes up; I feel like we've bumped into others and there are many more out there that I haven't thought of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jen! Thanks for posting - I'm the community manager at Level 99, and replied to your tweet through our account.

The answer is that hero abilities absolutely affect leaders if they say "your unit" - your Leader is a part of your Unit, which is the entirety of your side of the map.

If an ability says "your heroes" then it doesn't include your Leader.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prunes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
jayahre wrote:
Hey Jen! Thanks for posting - I'm the community manager at Level 99, and replied to your tweet through our account.

The answer is that hero abilities absolutely affect leaders if they say "your unit" - your Leader is a part of your Unit, which is the entirety of your side of the map.

If an ability says "your heroes" then it doesn't include your Leader.

I hope this helps!

Hi JR-- can you speak to the issue of Berserker vs Lixis specifically?

Berserker's vanguard ability does not mention the unit. It says: Takes 1 less damage from attacks, and has +2 attack strength.

Lixis's ability is: "all opposing heroes take 1 damage at the end of each wave."

The question then is whether Lixis's ability is an attack? I would argue it is not an attack, and that therefore the Berserker ability would be inapplicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
To speak to this specific case, Lixis's leader ability is not an attack, it simply applies damage to heroes. Something that prevents "apply damage" effects would block this power, but those are pretty rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.