-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Amazon's 'Prime Day' sale will have 'more deals than Black Friday' (Engadget post)

Amazon.com promotional page for the forthcoming "Prime Day" July 15th.

Free Prime Membership Trial info here.

Where did Amazon Prime get you in 2014 (BGG Discussion)

Sale listings will be found here once it goes live at 12 Midnight Pacific time:

https://www.amazon.com/primeday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: "Amazon's Prime Day sale will have more deals than Black Friday" - July 15th
This is gonna be awesome!

I presume Prime trial members will be included???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Re: "Amazon's Prime Day sale will have more deals than Black Friday" - July 15th
BeardsandBoardgames wrote:

Pretty sure the whole purpose of 'prime day' is for trial members
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Price
United States
GALESBURG
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

From the Amazon Prime promo page for Prime Day: "Try Prime today and get immediate access to deals on July 15"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to rain on the parade here, but 15 is not a prime number.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
Its called Prime Day because Amazon is turning 20 on July 15th, not because 15 is a prime number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Quintana

Bayside
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
Its called Prime Day because Amazon is turning 20 on July 15th, not because 15 is a prime number.

*whoosh!*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Prussian wrote:

Ah, but 7 + 15 + 15 = 37, which IS a prime number!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wyman
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hoya wrote:
Lord_Prussian wrote:

Ah, but 7 + 15 + 15 = 37, which IS a prime number!

And you got to that by adding 3 numbers, you know what has three points?
A Trinagle

and the total was 37, which is the number 3. and then a 7 is the number 3 added twice and 3 times approximately an infinite number of 3s after a decimal.

And you know what letter isn't in amazon or booksurge? an I
Sounds like they are trying to hide Is.
Which is no mistake that I sounds like EYE

add it together and we have eye triangle. sound familiar?

Wake up bgg
Amazon, Illuminiate, confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
...Half-Life 3 confirmed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Who cares, we're getting Fallout 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools

Just remember to cancel it the day after the sale because it will charge you for the year after the month. You'll be stuck ordering from the same site for every product, even when they are cheaper elsewhere, until you die!!!! (or until you hit the cancel button, whichever comes first)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had Prime since 2005 and it's pretty great. I use Prime Video to watch all types of shows, and buy household items in bulk and save money. It depends on your situation of course (ie: proximity to CostCo, etc), but for me, Prime works out very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
tumorous wrote:

Who cares, we're getting Bard's Tale 4.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
BowsersCastle wrote:
I've had Prime since 2005 and it's pretty great. I use Prime Video to watch all types of shows, and buy household items in bulk and save money. It depends on your situation of course (ie: proximity to CostCo, etc), but for me, Prime works out very well.

I'm with you. And great customer service too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
BowsersCastle wrote:

Same. We use it to watch tv shows and movies. Started with buying books though and watched it just take off into... everything. Pretty crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

Just remember to cancel it the day after the sale because it will charge you for the year after the month. You'll be stuck ordering from the same site for every product, even when they are cheaper elsewhere, until you die!!!! (or until you hit the cancel button, whichever comes first)

My girl friend forgot to cancel her prime trial, didn't use any of the services after the go live date and got a full refund about two weeks later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gqdaddy wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:
BowsersCastle wrote:

Same. We use it to watch tv shows and movies. Started with buying books though and watched it just take off into... everything. Pretty crazy.

And now with the No Rush shipping credits our non-Prime movies are generally free. Of course, we live in an area where even No Rush packages arrive in just a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Murphy
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
This was just a deal of the day:
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Action-Figure-Bucket-Frankenst...

On sale for $13, when it's normally $18, with an MRSP of $30.

So, this deal is already over, but that company makes a ton of other nice figure buckets that would make some ideal Chrome to bling out your games (I'm planning on using these figurines to replace some of the Minion pieces in Defenders of the Realm). So that could be something to look out for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
tumorous wrote:

Who cares, we're getting Bard's Tale 4.

FTFY

To which I can only add:

FF7 Remaster
Last Guardian
Shenmue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
gqdaddy wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:
BowsersCastle wrote:

And now with the No Rush shipping credits our non-Prime movies are generally free. Of course, we live in an area where even No Rush packages arrive in just a few days.

It's so true - when I'm ordering something that I don't need immediately, I just hit no-rush shipping and get the credits, then use them to watch movies for free. And as someone else said, their customer-service is incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
gqdaddy wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:
BowsersCastle wrote:

If you're paying for prime then funding movies by choosing no rush credits, you'd need to watch like 20 movies a year to make it worth it. Otherwise it'd be cheaper to buy the movies and unsubscribe to prime. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
gqdaddy wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:
BowsersCastle wrote:

If you're paying for prime then funding movies by choosing no rush credits, you'd need to watch like 20 movies a year to make it worth it. Otherwise it'd be cheaper to buy the movies and unsubscribe to prime. Just saying.

Why? You still get free shipping. (and the other stuff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:

Twenty whole movies a year? Ain't nobody got time for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Murphy
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
tumorous wrote:
ayejae wrote:

Twenty whole movies a year? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.