Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best Africana or Valdora? According to you which one is the best? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Africana is a lovely, light game, which works great as a gateway for non-gamers, but which can also hold the attention of seasoned gamers.

I haven't played Valdora, but from reading the rules, it is MUCH more complicated. Not heavy on the BGG scale of things, but certainly not something I would throw at non-gamers.

So that seems like the simplest way to choose which would be best for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are both good. Valdora is 3 to 5 players, so for 2 players Africana is better. Both have limited actions per turn which makes game play fast. Both have meaningful decision paths that can lead to different strategies. I like them both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Usually we play in four but sometimes I happen to be only in two with his wife, then I will choose to exploit African because I think more. I did not know and I had not noticed that Valdora started from 3 players. I am sorry only because I prefer the games a bit more complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.