Hide
4 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yokai's "EZ Solo" solitare rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yokai Ichi
msg tools
Since we didn't meet the 600K goal for official solo rules, I've been developing my own solitaire rules. I have an iteration that is yielding a 33% win rate for the "Ghost" opponent, based on 6 test games, so this iteration seems to be in the ballpark for solo play. Best of all, my "EZ Solo" rules let you play 100% completely normal rules on your turn. All special rules changes are for the Ghost only, and are very simple to learn. Typical game time is from 15-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17lurJYX4EWzn34qmkfS9M291...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, thanks for doing this! Should probably be moved over to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil Young
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Thanks for posting. Will check this out tonight if at all possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Bonsma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these rules. I gave them a try and played three games, and managed to win all three. I find the game too easy to be an enjoyable challenge, but as a means to get familiar with the cards and basic tactics it works very well.

The fact that the ghost has a very predictable attacking and blocking behavior can be easily exploited without much risk. Maybe it is worth adding some randomization there. For example, in the ghost's combat phase, throw a coin. When it is heads, it attacks with its lowest available champion. When it is tails, attack with all available (remaining) champions. After a battle, when the ghost still has champions that can attack, do another coin flip, and repeat. This way ghost can attack multiple times, and you are forced to keep a few more blockers around and the choice of whether and how to block becomes more difficult. I haven't given this a try myself yet but I will...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.