Tingletouch Games
msg tools
publisher
Does anyone have suggestions on where to find people who might be interested in answering a bunch of survey questions about a game? I tried posting in the play tester section but it was deleted by moderators because I offered to give away a copy of the game to one of those who takes the survey (randomly chosen), which apparently is against the rules. Although I see several other games there offering some sort of reward to their testers... so not sure exactly why it's okay for them and not for me.

But, uh, where can I post a link to the surveys without risking deletion, or being banned or something? I am fairly new to Board Game Geek and I am struggling with figuring out where I can find people to help me out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start your own blog and make an entry for it? Blogs are treated a little different, thought I'd message the Admin to make sure it was ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tingletouch Games
msg tools
publisher
klkitchens wrote:
Start your own blog and make an entry for it? Blogs are treated a little different, thought I'd message the Admin to make sure it was ok.

Hmmm. Okay. Doesn't that count as "self promotion" as well though? I tried to post a link wanting feedback on our Kickstarter campaign a while ago and got quickly deleted as well for breaking a self promotion rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could post the questions without the incentive.

There are plenty of people who would answer just to help you out or out of curiosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tingletouch Games
msg tools
publisher
DicingWithDearth wrote:
You could post the questions without the incentive.

There are plenty of people who would answer just to help you out or out of curiosity.

Problem is in the survey it says we will draw one person to get a copy of the game, and about 50 people have already answered so can't remove that part form the survey now. That would be unfair. Was just trying to be nice to people who help us out... But perhaps not mentioning that part in the forum post is enough to not get deleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google Docs?

Place the survey as a document on a sharing platform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tingletouch Games
msg tools
publisher
anijunk wrote:
Google Docs?

Place the survey as a document on a sharing platform.

Yeah I'm using Google Forms. Guess I'll give it another shot posting it without mentioning the free copy of the game draw. Hopefully that will be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a section called new user questions where you can get an admin to help you understand.

As for the free game: You might want to take a closer look at other people offering "free games" How you do it is paramount. A free game for game testers for example, is fine in certain forum areas. Giving away a game you didn't make is also fine because it's not self promotion.

But try asking in the right forum and you can get the answers you seek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Ratcliffe
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
*** EXPLORIANA *** Coming Soon 2018!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tingletouch wrote:
...I offered to give away a copy of the game to one of those who takes the survey (randomly chosen), which apparently is against the rules. Although I see several other games there offering some sort of reward to their testers... so not sure exactly why it's okay for them and not for me.

Simply put, it's against the rules to advertise random giveaway contests. BGG runs their own paid-for contests on the front page (which work in a similar way; answer survey to be entered into a draw to get a game). Hence you should understand why advertising your own giveaway contests in the forums goes against the rules. Just ask the questions you want, post a survey by all means but don't say by doing so you will get a random entry to get a game. Ask for playtesters, choose specific people/groups to test your game. That's all good, just don't make it a 'Contest'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.