Please check out my other reviews at:
Fill 'er Up is a pointless game. As you continue to draw cards until everyone wins, there really is zero point. You are literally just drawing cards until the deck is empty. Everytime you play. It is the same thing. It is always pointless.
The cards look and feel good. The art is going draw the children in. My kids really like this game, but mostly because they haven't picked up on the fact that there is no game. I'm really tired of these children games where everyone wins and there is no game in the box. I can't believe this game was sold and I can't believe I bought the game. Or non-game.
I cannot recommend this game to anyone. Pass.
Keeper. For the boy.
Each player gets a cheap service dial. The cards used are over sized and pretty good quality. The art is cartoons and looks really great. The art will really draw in children.
The components are pretty good for the type of game it is.
The rules are printed in black and white. The rules are rather simple but also pointless. You will end up drawing all the cards so everyone will win on every single game. You literally just draw cards.
Flow of the Game:
1. Draw a card from the deck.
2. Then, look for which player can "fix" it. They have these cards face up in front of them (at its core, you are matching colors with the random drawn card).
3. The fix it card is given to the person who has the random card.
4. The person that used the fix it card moves their service station dial up one.
5. The game ends when all the cars are fixed. You keep playing if you are out of cards. The game doesn't end until everyone has their cars fixed.
Should I buy this game?:
This is one of those silly games where everyone wins, but one person just randomly gets to finish first. My boy likes the theme and my kids are interested in playing any game with me, but the game is mildly entertaining. Not much to see here, but it gets my kids playing with cards so it will stick around a tad longer.
Keeper. For the boy.
*The images posted with this review are not mine and are images I found on BGG. If you click on the image, you can see who posted it to BGG.
- Last edited Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:52 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:59 am