Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Plank
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried playing this with more than 10 people? We generally have 11 - 14 people come to our board game nights and I thought it'd be fun to play a round of Coup with everyone. We have Coup + Reformation expansion already and I found a cheap second copy of Coup. Just wondering how many additional cards I should include.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Liu
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a crazy amount of downtime between turns. The game is slow enough with 6 already, why would you want to more than double that?

With 2 sets of the base game + reformation, you have 8 copies of each base role. Why not play two 7-player games with 4 copies of each role? Or an 8-player Reformation game and whoever left plays regular Coup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with 10 people once. I found the downtime too much.

There is also way more bluffing, because there are so many more cards of each role. Thus the information you have (cards you've seen) is relatively small compared to all cards in play.

6 people is really the max, but I prefer games with 4 to 5 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.