Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So,

I am probably still getting this game. But man was I disappointed to see that the larger ground tiles and all terrain elements were cardboard and not plastic. If played frequently, the edges will definitely start to fray over time.

I get that they are trying to keep the price point low. But I sure hope there is an upgrade pack in the works so fans can get a plastic equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I used to own all the heroscape. This will be faster to set up and breakdown. We used to leave those epic games set up for like a week. I can see getting several fast plays in per session with this, and $30 for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
Nope, I used to own all the heroscape. This will be faster to set up and breakdown. We used to leave those epic games set up for like a week. I can see getting several fast plays in per session with this, and $30 for the win.

Except my post wasn't about that it is one large piece. But that it is made of cardboard.

They could have made one large plastic piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If everything was plastic, the price would not be $30, most likely. Personally, I'm more interested in the minis and rules than the game board and terrain. I have lots of terrain from other miniature games, with the means to make more on-demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping the price point down is more important to me. Terrain and such can be sold separately later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
*t*
United States
flag msg tools
mb

Yeah I am fine with the cardboard and the lower price point. I am much more worried about the lack of extra content and potential lack of support for this product line. Hasbro needs to talk to Wizkids about how to churn out content .

I would love for them to make a pack of a couple of plastic terrain tiles that corresponded to the 5 mana types (and maybe a colorless one?). It would be cool then if being on/adjacent to said mana type triggered something (kind of like Glyphs but different?).

Also, do the walls that come with the base game block line of sight for every planeswalker/unit in the game or are some of the minis able to see over them? I think it is the former, and if so that is more annoying to me as it would have been cool to have some lower walls that some figures could see/shoot over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
The game is priced for having cardboard and its easy enough to buy the plastic on ebay if you really want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles no. They will be a great foundation for Heroscape players and Planeswalker players alike.
The walls would have been great in plastic and i think it is a missed opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought using plastic for the lowest floor was excessive, and made some hex paper so my terrain would go further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone tried to 3D print the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhadamanthine wrote:
Has anyone tried to 3D print the tiles?

I was wondering the same thing. Most basic 3-d printers are pretty slow so it might take awhile to build a set of terrain piece by piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.