6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exiles - orbitals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zdenek Hostalek
msg tools
One question about orbitals.
If exiles (or another race) lose their orbital, can another race repopulate it (especially if the race have not orbital technology)?

My opinoin is yes, because when you'll find orbital discovery, you can also populate it even without researched orbital technology.

I wanted just to confirm my opinion.. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fink
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes they can. same with monolith victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is allowed.

Not only that: The Orbitals have the characteristics of the race that is currently occupying it. A common strategy in a Mechanema / Exiles alliance is Mechanema building Orbitals at a discount for the Exiles, who then reap the victory points and enjoy their defensive capabilities for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zdenek Hostalek
msg tools
But this strategy would require, that mechanema first influence the hex, built an orbital and then undergoes this hex to exiles, because the active orbital of exiles need to be on hex, which belongs to exiles. I am not sure, if mechanema (or anybody) can built their cheap orbitals (ships, bases) in the hex, where she dont have her influence disc, even if she is in alliance (with exiles in this case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Balenska
msg tools
Zdenek 11 wrote:
But this strategy would require, that mechanema first influence the hex, built an orbital and then undergoes this hex to exiles, because the active orbital of exiles need to be on hex, which belongs to exiles. I am not sure, if mechanema (or anybody) can built their cheap orbitals (ships, bases) in the hex, where she dont have her influence disc, even if she is in alliance (with exiles in this case).

Correct, but given that the Mechanema-Exiles alliance will benefit from an extra VP per orbital if the Exiles control it, it can still be worth it for the Mechanema to influence some hexes, build a bunch of orbitals there, de-influence those hexes and let their Exiles ally then influence them.

An even more cost-efficient way of doing it (but much riskier) is that Mechanema and Exiles agree on this plan before they actually ally. Rather than using the INFluence action or bankruptcy to de-influence the hexes with the orbitals, then, the Mechanema can just leave them undefended and the Exiles take them with neutron bombs. For one round both players will get the income from those hexes, and they can immediately ally in the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is Alliance dependent. And sounds like an interesting corner case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.