2 Posts

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Greek power good for 5 player...But would it work for 3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Gon
msg tools
Hi,
The game looks great and I will probably buy it. I've never played the old version.
I have a concern regarding the rules for this new version. Apparently the Greek was very vulnerable in the old version, due to its position in the map, making them very vulnerable. This is why in the new version authors provide Greece with an extra 2 points when deffending. That look huge.

My main concern is that this could make sense in a 5 players game. However, if the game is played with only 4 or 3 nations, perhaps Greece is now too strong, considering that the disavantage of its initial position is now reduced.

Have the authors think about this?

However, considering the current situation of Greece (sourrounded by the troika), I would be in favour of giving them an extrasupport

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is - since I haven't played it yet - that any player would be hard pressed if 2 others ganged up on them. There are also Heros and Wonders that may mitigate the Greek defense bonus. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.