Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Joyce
United States
Pandora
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so the Text on Wonder Woman Champion of Themyscria states While WW is Active other JL characters cost one less to field. It does not state "your" characters so does this applies to both player or are game effects only active when it is your turn? Or as I interpret the rule under powers abilities and card text which states "Card Text that names a character only considers your characters" therefore that ability would not trigger for the other player unless they have the same wonder woman card. Or would it trigger if they had the a wonder woman dice active?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Rules Question
Normaly it is written as an condition what happens to what.
So in most cases it would refer to your cards and say it in the text.

But Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle have this exception in common. Because there text just tells you what Is happening when this is active.

Aquaman reduce purchase costs for JL Characters while active.
Wonder Woman reduces fielding costs for JL Characters while active.
And Blue Beetle deals 1 dmg to the opponent when a Villain is fielded.

Everything is reffered for both players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can Confirm this!

I specifically asked Eric Lang and Mike Elliott questions like this at this years Dice Tower Con IV.

If it says yours, than it means only you. If it just says While Active, this goes for both players.

My specific was for Robin - Boy Wonder (Justice League Set)
Says - While Batman is active, each of your Robin dice gets +3A and +3D.

They said that if I have a Robin in the field or field a Robin, The Batman my opponent fields or has fielded will in turn activate my bonus for my Robin, in turn not helping my opponent laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qbanslim wrote:
I can Confirm this!

I specifically asked Eric Lang and Mike Elliott questions like this at this years Dice Tower Con IV.

If it says yours, than it means only you. If it just says While Active, this goes for both players.

They said that if I have a Robin in the field or field a Robin, The Batman my opponent fields or has fielded will in turn activate my bonus for my Robin, in turn not helping my opponent laugh
Too bad your anecdote is 100% in opposition to the rules:

"Card text that names a character only considers your characters for its
effects. Your card’s text doesn’t trigger because your opponent has the
same character, nor do your dice get a bonus from your opponent’s
cards of the same name."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Frantz
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Qbanslim wrote:
I can Confirm this!

cards of the same name."

As with ALL card game rule books, If a card contradicts the rules stated in the rule book, the care takes precedent. Furthermore if both the creators confirm this as truth you would be the incorrect one on this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jfrantz wrote:
crambaza wrote:
Qbanslim wrote:
I can Confirm this!

cards of the same name."

As with ALL card game rule books, If a card contradicts the rules stated in the rule book, the care takes precedent. Furthermore if both the creators confirm this as truth you would be the incorrect one on this matter.

Except the card doesn't contradict the rulebook. The rulebook explicitly states how the card is intended to work. If the designers intended it to work that way, they should have worded it differently or changed the rulebook. Until that happens, everyone is going to continue playing the ways the rules say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I don't trust the anecdote either. Something may have been "lost in translation" or the specifics may have been different. As Batman was a named character, it refers only to your Batman activating your Robin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Winder
United States
California
flag msg tools
Was this ability ever officially clarified? I've found answers in favor of both sides but can't find a definitive answer....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They made it more explicit in the newer Rulebooks:

Quote:
Some cards will have you check how many of a certain type of character are active. If an effect gave +1A for each active character, and you had 5 character dice in the Field Zone (3 differentfcharacters) and your opponent had 1 character die in the Field Zone, the effect would grant +4A (even if your opponent’s character was the same name as one of yours). If it doesn’t specify your characters, it checks yours and your opponent’s active characters or dice.

-WF Rulebook, Page 21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Winder
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ok, so if my opponent has wonder woman active, my justice league characters cost 1 less to field as well, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapGunnn wrote:
Ok, so if my opponent has wonder woman active, my justice league characters cost 1 less to field as well, correct?

Correct. Unless otherwise stated on the card, affiliations and energy type based abilities refer to both players. Specific names only refer to your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.