1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: News on 2.0 product reprint and releases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
Hi,
Would like to know from the well informed if there is any news on the releases for the official digital reprints + any other releases like the modules etc...

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
drakkonblade wrote:
Hi,
Would like to know from the well informed if there is any news on the releases for the official digital reprints + any other releases like the modules etc...

Cheers!

Not 100% sure I am answering the question. If not, please elaborate.

1) Digital release of 2.0 Content (6/30/15) is the only release coming from McG. They will not offer expansion content digitally.

2) Plans for physical release of 2.0 plus expansion content is still progressing on course. No new news here.

3) The stories from the original rulebook will be translated into modules. No time commitment at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
MythMod wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:
Hi,

Cheers!

Not 100% sure I am answering the question. If not, please elaborate.

1) Digital release of 2.0 Content (6/30/15) is the only release coming from McG. They will not offer expansion content digitally.

2) Plans for physical release of 2.0 plus expansion content is still progressing on course. No new news here.

3) The stories from the original rulebook will be translated into modules. No time commitment at this point.

Thank you for prompt response...
I am bit confused so let me ask; Currently all that i have is of 1.0
... so wondering when will they print the newer version of those content for sale OR will it be released WITH the journey pledge etc...

I invested into all of the modules so no news on its status of release or being worked on?? https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1334008/myth-modules-vs-adv...
The link above is a huge discussion on modules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
drakkonblade wrote:
I am bit confused so let me ask; Currently all that i have is of 1.0... so wondering when will they print the newer version of those content for sale OR will it be released WITH the journey pledge etc...

Journeyman backers will receive their Myth 2.0 and expansion content sometime this fall (Sept/Oct timeframe). MegaCon webstore will sell conversion kits once that distribution takes place.

drakkonblade wrote:
I invested into all of the modules so no news on its status of release or being worked on?? https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1334008/myth-modules-vs-adv...
The link above is a huge discussion on modules...

You invested in all the modules? As in the Journeyman Modules? Those will be delivered with the physical Journeyman content next year.

What specifically are you asking about the modules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
sorry; Let me layout my questions better so maybe can answer the timeline better..

1) recently i hold 2xcptain pledge items worth. (+bonus items)
2) Also bought off https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey... (which is the $120 worth i got)
3) Also added to my order recently ALL IN Modules - $130,IA - $20, Spriggan - $15, Skald - $15, Trickster - $15 ...

Now to be specific on my question without any further confusion...

For #1 when will i be able to obtain (or be available to purchase) the digital replacements for all the cards that need conversion (replacement) due to 2.0 upgrade?

OR

Will i obtain the digital replacement (or conversions) for 2.0 with the #2 release? If so when is that release expected?

For #3 when is the expected release for these items? Has there been actual any news of release dates and....

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
drakkonblade wrote:
sorry; Let me layout my questions better so maybe can answer the timeline better..

1) recently i hold 2xcptain pledge items worth. (+bonus items)
2) Also bought off https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-journey... (which is the $120 worth i got)
3) Also added to my order recently ALL IN Modules - $130,IA - $20, Spriggan - $15, Skald - $15, Trickster - $15 ...

Now to be specific on my question without any further confusion...

For #1 when will i be able to obtain (or be available to purchase) the digital replacements for all the cards that need conversion (replacement) due to 2.0 upgrade?

The digital release was on 6/30/15 and may be obtained from MegaCon's site. This was ONLY for the base retail game. The expansion content (shamblers, tailless, etc.) will never be released digitally. If you have a Journeyman pledge, you'll be able to acquire ALL the content (for #1) in the Pledge Manager. MegaCon plans to deliver this content early to us (ahead of the JM delivery). They stated this content would be shipped in Sept/Oct of this year.

drakkonblade wrote:
Will i obtain the digital replacement (or conversions) for 2.0 with the #2 release? If so when is that release expected?
If you want to wait for the Journeyman release yes, but MegaCon is giving us the opportunity to receive early (see above).

drakkonblade wrote:
For #3 when is the expected release for these items? Has there been actual any news of release dates and....Thank you!

I think I already answered this.

- All 2.0 card content (heroes, items, quests, monsters, allies, traps) will be printed and offered in the Oct/Sept timeframe to JM backers. This content will be made available to purchase on their webstore shortly afterwards.

- Myth Journeyman currently states June 2016 for that content.

Hopefully this makes sense. If not, keep at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Makes sense...
Basically; aint nothing coming to my doorstep till October if i am lucky... Which means shelf the game or print it myself the content which is available online...

Sux that the expansion items i purchased will never have a 2.0 replacement card printed... Or is it offered on the site and i would need make the print myself...

other than that its a waiting game to see really; what and when Megacon decides to release these items + products.

Cheers and shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
Makes sense...
Basically; aint nothing coming to my doorstep till October if i am lucky... Which means shelf the game or print it myself the content which is available online...

Correct. The base game updates are all available on-line right now to print yourself, apart from the story quests in the 1.0 manual.

Quote:
Sux that the expansion items i purchased will never have a 2.0 replacement card printed... Or is it offered on the site and i would need make the print myself...

No. There are updated physical versions of the cards for the expansions (Item1, Quest1 and Quest2) coming as part of the Journeyman Kickstarter. It'll be handled in the pledge manager, there may be a nominal fee for some of the expansions, and you'll need to prove ownership of the existing 1.0.

Did you read the FAQs on the Kickstarter page? These are explicitly asked and answered there.

About the only thing that so far seems to have a "no" in terms of an update is the bonus Kickstarter quests booklet.

Regards,
Tim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
drakkonblade wrote:
Makes sense...

Correct. We are all in this boat together. If you choose to shelve until 2.0 cards are delivered, I understand your position.

drakkonblade wrote:

Let me be clear. They are never going to post the expansion's digital elements online for anyone to download. They are printing them at cost for those that backed JM.

They are committed to rectifying 100% of the card content and have released all of the base retail game content to us in digital format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Tim!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
finally and thank you for patience!!
So need to wait and play something else till...still committed but pointless for now until release of all content (journey and the digital prints)

thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
finally and thank you for patience!!
So need to wait and play something else till...still committed but pointless for now until release of all content (journey and the digital prints)

thanks again

The game you have is far from "pointless" even if you are absolutely determined to play nothing but 2.0 stuff.

I don't say this out of fandom, but experience. The original Myth Kickstarter shipped in 2 waves (I am in USA), the first wave was equivalent to retail plus some minor things (torchbearer, bonus story quests) and it was quite a while before the second wave shipped. For that time period my gaming group played with the base game on our shorthanded nights.

With that base game content - arachnids, grubbers, Yardu, Terrorwith1000Legs - my weekly game group had monthly Myth sessions, sometimes twice, and we didn't significantly repeat, and we've yet to get bored. All in all, I think we had 13 sessions at 4-10 hours before Wave 2 arrived, easily 60 hours of unique play. It was probably more like 100 if you count stuff we did more than once, like the story quests and restarting our chapter quest deck after total party wipes.

You indicate you have a double captain pledge in hand. With what's available in the 2.0 free download, you have well over 40 hours of usable content, without even touching the KS1 stretch goals that the 2.0 printed material should arrive for in October.

Read the rules, build a chapter quest deck, and just play in free-form adventure mode to learn what heroes you like to play best and how the 5 core heroes interact. There's a lot of game to play and I think you're doing yourself a disservice by shelving it, considering your investment.

Cheers,
zogre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd say the opposite. I've had a bitterly frustrating year trying to make sense of very unclear rules and cards. And a personal preference to disliking printing stuff off, especially with the actual cards coming in the next 6 months or so.

I feel that if I tried to play with what's there now I'd just get frustrated and it would sour me to the game again.

I can see they are trying to improve it and believe - eventually - this game will deliver. But I've put all my Myth stuff in lockup until I get the right cards. I've waited this long to play a complete game; I can wait a little longer for a proper experience.

Of course, if you're having fun making do, that's good too. But I think it's a legitimate decision to wait until we get a clearer picture in the full release.

For the record, I have Double Captain and am $700+ in on KS2, so I believe this game will eventually deliver. And this time, I'd sooner MCG take their time and playtest it, and deliver a decent game instead of rushing things again. One imagines lessons have been learned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Everyone is so right and entitled to their opinion.
As ive mentioned before.. I love it, but i cant play something broken or partial or...
I invested in it and also believe in it, but at this point also hope they learned a lesson because by the specials they having on their site; it makes me think that their customer base took a beating.. read the reviews and also check the sentiment online and you'll see what i speak of. There will be always loyalists which i am NOT, but i do believe and like the product...

saying that i think it be best to wait for a PROPER version of the rules plus game set and play then as it was originally meant to be.

So its ok to wait especially with the other new games i bought; i think that patience will not be a problem.

Cheers and hope they deliver much sooner!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:

Cheers and hope they deliver much sooner!!

Agreed. I think we've waited this long, and we can wait a bit longer for it to be ready.

And actually, I think they have surprising customer loyalty considering their mistakes and their attitude to these mistakes.

But yes, I think lessons have been learned, however grudgingly, and steps have been taken to correct matters. (It would have been far less painful for everyone concerned to have done their playtesting quietly for a year in private than release the game as a Beta and have the players playtest it in the glare of publicity and bad press). But as you say, lessons learned.

I'm happy with them taking as long as they need. We know what happens when things get rushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b p
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
and you'll need to prove ownership of the existing 1.0.

How exactly will that be handled i wonder? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
Fizzletop wrote:
tim-pelican wrote:

theyve said you'll need to show them pictures... I don't have a whole lot of faith in that idea, but that's the plan.

Yeah, this topic came up during the KS and Brian said they wanted to make it easy/painless/seamless (can't remember the exact wording) for us. He said they planned on allowing us to take pictures of the cards as proof of ownership.

Thinking about this for a moment, they've effectively signed Nikki up to process about 4000 emailed pictures and then update each of those individual records in the PM (manually) to indicate we should receive the content. Say it takes her 3 minutes a person to process. That's 200 HOURS of work. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
js379 wrote:
Fizzletop wrote:
tim-pelican wrote:

theyve said you'll need to show them pictures... I don't have a whole lot of faith in that idea, but that's the plan.

Yeah, this topic came up during the KS and Brian said they wanted to make it easy/painless/seamless (can't remember the exact wording) for us. He said they planned on allowing us to take pictures of the cards as proof of ownership.

Thinking about this for a moment, they've effectively signed Nikki up to process about 4000 emailed pictures and then update each of those individual records in the PM (manually) to indicate we should receive the content. Say it takes her 3 minutes a person to process. That's 200 HOURS of work. surprise
I would guess that uploading a picture would automatically qualify you for the content, then they can review the pictures much quicker. If they upload all pictures before beginning they could review each picture in 10 seconds or so, and only have to intervene in the pledge manager when someone doesn't have the appropriate evidence. Cuts 200 hours of work down to a day's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
js379 wrote:
Fizzletop wrote:
tim-pelican wrote:

I would guess that uploading a picture would automatically qualify you for the content, then they can review the pictures much quicker. If they upload all pictures before beginning they could review each picture in 10 seconds or so, and only have to intervene in the pledge manager when someone doesn't have the appropriate evidence. Cuts 200 hours of work down to a day's worth.

I hope for Nikki's sake your estimate is closer to reality. I think there's more there than just 10 seconds of work, however.

Even at 10 seconds a pop, we're talking about 40k seconds or 11hrs. I doubt even Nikki is going to finish that in a day.

Given the track record of McG and them leveraging email, I don't see them having any efficient process here - call me jaded. Interpreting email, cross referencing your name into the PM database and then updating it indicating you qualify seems like more than 10 seconds of work to me.

Regardless, I was agreeing with Jason in that I don't have a lot of faith in that process. It will work, but quite inefficiently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Elrick
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a programmer, it pains me to think of Nikki going through any kind of process involving pictures for verification purposes. They have (or should) a record of what everyone got through the first kickstarter. Just take the KS1 username, run it against what they got in the first KS, and throw that against what they order in the KS2 Pledge Manager. That's not going to cover everyone who ordered outside the KS, but it should be somewhere around 80% to 90% of the orders and would greatly reduce the workload on Nikki.

I hereby offer up my services to MCG to facilitate this process :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snappleman wrote:
As a programmer, it pains me to think of Nikki going through any kind of process involving pictures for verification purposes. They have (or should) a record of what everyone got through the first kickstarter. Just take the KS1 username, run it against what they got in the first KS, and throw that against what they order in the KS2 Pledge Manager. That's not going to cover everyone who ordered outside the KS, but it should be somewhere around 80% to 90% of the orders and would greatly reduce the workload on Nikki.

I hereby offer up my services to MCG to facilitate this process

You can't do that though because a large number of copies were purchased second hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Elrick
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Snappleman wrote:

I hereby offer up my services to MCG to facilitate this process :D

You can't do that though because a large number of copies were purchased second hand.

Well, maybe 80 or 90 percent is a little high, but even reducing the work by half would be a huge time savings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year my gaming group played a couple sessions. I soured on the game and we stopped playing it. Then the Journeyman Kickstarter got my interest back even though I swore not to become involved. Since then my group has played Myth 5 or 6 times and we have another session scheduled next Friday. Everyone loves it. I gave them a choice between Myth and a D&D session and Myth was unanimous. My point is that you can have fun and you don't have to wait. Full disclosure: I did print out the new hero decks. One member did drop (our Brigand) and we replaced him with a guy who loves to play the Trickster. (Btw, the Trickster with an Innovated well placed Big Bada Boom is borderline OP against certain monsters.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.