mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys!

Me and my friend swider play Doomtown: Reloaded online using the OCTGN platform, and in hopes to bring in new players we decided to record some of our games. We play using Skype, explain what we do, and talk about certain cards and strategies in the process. We want to show that even though OCTGN interface might look unfamiliar and scary at first glance, it's actually a very convenient platform for those of you who want to have a game on a weekday evening, or those without am established playgroup in the area.

If we get your attention, please tell us! In our future vids we can focus on explaining the interface, or less on OCTGN and more on the game itself - whatever you want, we're open to comments and suggestions!

In this video we play three games, swider plays Sloane Melee and Sloane Control, while I (mplain) play Arsenal Miracles and Abominations-on-Horses:

Twitch

Youtube

P.S. If you want to try playing online yourself, check this out:

Guide to playing Doomtown: Reloaded on OCTGN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mysticpickle
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Twitch and Youtube channel - Doomtown on OCTGN
I enjoyed the first set of games! Keep up the good work guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Highlight from one of the games that might get your attention:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
El Grajo calls out the law dogs, Marion Exp. bursts into the shootout riding La Quema and swinging Rapier, boots Wendy before she can send anyone home.
Both players reveal cheatin' full houses, sloanes play Bottom Dealin', giving one pair to law dogs (+1 from Tommy Harden)
[7 - 3 = 4 casualties for law dogs]
Rev. Perry Inbody casts:
- Consecration, reducing casualties by 3 and buffing Tommy with +2 bullets and influence;
- Lay On Hands, saving Wendy and sending her home;
- Walk The Path, bringing Wendy back into the shootout unbooted so she can kick El Grajo away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin swiderski
msg tools
I am sorry for offtopic, but it is related to the channel. Mystic I have sent you pm, can you sent me a message once you read it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Austin
msg tools
Nice. Keep 'em coming. That first game you guys played was really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Woody
msg tools
Just wanted to give props to mplain, I caught you on OCTGN around 3 weeks ago as the only Doomtown game and you put up with my complete noobishness with the platform (slightly less so with the game, but not by much).

I've been watching out for open games on there since, but haven't seen anybody on. Is there a set time when you play? I'd be down for games pretty much every night as I don't have any local people into Doomtown (other than my wife and son, and they have very limited patience for it). Being as that's the case, though, I am still pretty far behind the curve on the overall gameplay, and I'm a couple of expansions behind on the cardpool, so be prepared for that if you're down to let me join in whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am usually not willing to teach the basics of the game itself, but if you know the rules and just need some help with OCTGN, then sure, come join my game anytime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Woody
msg tools
I'm actually good to go on the rules at this point, though some of the most current meta I'm still catching up on. OCTGN still seems a bit unwieldy though, of course that's just a matter of using it a few times to figure out all of the controls. Watching you guys on the video, I can definitely tell that you've used it a couple of hundred times more than I have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Me and @swider streamed some more Octgn games today, Kung Fu vs. Shamans.

Watch them on swider's Twitch channel.

These were quite intense, and proved that if you play Shamans smart, they can stand up to Kung Fu just fine.

I posted my decklist on dtdb: Kung Fu A+2+3 Flyin'!

@swider posted his deck too: Eagle Wardens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.