Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have not read anywhere that if units in like terrain cancel the penalty out. Arty on a hill firing at infantry on a hill. I know that the Gettysburg 150 has this type of ruling. I can kind of understand infantry in a forest firing at arty in a forest. You are still having to fire into trees. What are some thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimwaite wrote:
I have not read anywhere that if units in like terrain cancel the penalty out. Arty on a hill firing at infantry on a hill. I know that the Gettysburg 150 has this type of ruling. I can kind of understand infantry in a forest firing at arty in a forest. You are still having to fire into trees. What are some thoughts?

Nothing in the rules says the attacking unit being in the same terrain cancels the defender's terrain advantage. The designer has said explicitly it does not cancel hill to hill, see here: Re: hills

(Also note that the link I provided was to a thread in the rules folder, which is provided for rules questions. That's a good place to look for answers, and the best place to post future questions if you have any.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.