Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Police Precinct» Forums » General

Subject: This is the COOL IDEA ZONE, so if you got one, please deposit it HERE! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is designed to organize ideas for the game.

It is inspired by a backer of the current Kickstater (you'll see his idea below).

Thanks in Advance to anyone who deposits an idea for the game in this...

blankblankblankblankblankblankZONEblankblankblankblankblankblankblank

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Random loony idea for the game: One thing you sometimes see in high profile cases these days are foreign police helping to investigate a case that holds interest for their own country (victim might be from the country, or the MO might match cases in their country etc.) Might anyone have any ideas around how this might work in the game setting?
I've not played yet, only just come across the game! But I see the major hurdles being the day to day type jobs of keeping law and order, which foreign officers wouldn't get involved in (to my knowledge) But maybe additional cards with special rules in the investigation deck?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carus
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Further to the initial idea, I've had a brief think on it some more, and again, having not played it or had a read through of the rules yet, so most of these probably wouldn't work. However, you never know what might come of an idea

So, not so much on the foreign officers (though some cards could be themed as such) but more on the special rule investigation cards:
Perhaps targeted investigations which show a location, the officer who receives said card can investigate that location for a possible bonus to the investigation. Possibly have a dice roll when they get there, or maybe on a failed investigation, then you draw an event type card, to make it more of a gamble.
Identified suspect/witness, arresting identified suspect (marker on board) or investigating a witness (same) gets a draw of investigation cards based on the success.
Public Appeal, spend a turn outside/inside the police station (I'm British, sorry ) hosting a press conference about the investigation, maybe it could delay the suspect getting away as his mugshot is all over the news?

Just random thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the random ideas!

Keep 'em comin'!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I do not have a copy of the game yet, are there any event type cards where citizens have recording equipment (cell phone, video cameras, etc)? Something that might make things a little tougher on good officers, but maybe a larger impact on dirty officers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric_E wrote:
Since I do not have a copy of the game yet, are there any event type cards where citizens have recording equipment (cell phone, video cameras, etc)? Something that might make things a little tougher on good officers, but maybe a larger impact on dirty officers?

Hmmmm...

Interesting!!!

It's definitely a VERY significant thing happening right now, so if we can weave it into the game, that would be great.

I like where you're going with this!

Keep the great ideas coming!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
This goes more toward the idea I mentioned on the kickstarter. I'd love to see an expansion that pushes into a second side of the game where the trial is held. Cards played in the police procedural side could even have positive or negative impact depending on the card. The goal is a conviction for the crime.

I would see this as a possible second board with additional cards and processes there.

Yes, I watched too much Law & Order growing up; it sent me to college for a BS in Criminsl Justice.

Editing to add below:

Thus could also bring an option for an attempt at a quick arrest without all of the proper facts/requirements. But snything missing would count against you in the conviction phase.

Also things like 'Coerced Confession' as cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MASKED VIGILANTE:

Backer suggestion...

"Can we have a masked "not-batman' vigilante character? "

He might be winking, BUT...

I like it!

There are some crazy ones already, why not this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
This thread is designed to organize ideas for the game.

It is inspired by a backer of the current Kickstater (you'll see his idea below).

Thanks in Advance to anyone who deposits an idea for the game in this...

blankblankblankblankblankblankZONEblankblankblankblankblankblankblank

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

How about an Internal Affairs Event card(s) that cause:
- one or more players to be assigned desk duty for a turn;
- or lose police cards from hand
- or block police card deck;
- or donate doughnuts to IA divert there efforts elsewhere.

CPD motorpool Blue Flu Event card requiring a DR see if you:
- get your vehicle;
- or if it suffers a breakdown while being driven.

CPD precinct Blue Flu Event card causing:
- two Event cards to be drawn:
- keep the worst;
- or, even better, keep both.

Where is the motorcycle officer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carus
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
MASKED VIGILANTE:

Backer suggestion...

I like it!

Unfortunately, it might not be as crazy as you think: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287807/Batman-Costu... . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracey Johns
msg tools
mb
How about some cards like Security Cameras, Interpol or Neighbourhood Watch where you can look at the first few cards of a deck to give you an insight into what is coming.

A big boss leader that controls a gang and while he is on the board the gang get an extra advantage as he is the brains behind them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about an "Unknown Circumstance" being a false alarm. You know how on the police shows how they have a "Suspect has a firearm" but when the police show up it was just a water pistol, toothbrush, or cell phone?!? Then of course the officer has to discuss with the person who made the call about endangering the lives of the officers... but for game purposes it could be 'no effect'. As in when causing the players to over prepare for something, allocate too many resources to nothing when they should have used them elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COMMON MAN UPDATE:

Related to...

STRETCH GOAL #3

This is actually a new idea, but also an update on a particular Stretch Goal (Goal #3).

It has just now become Goal 3A & 3B!

Here is the comment that got it there...

"The Cyber-Cop stretch goal is a not some subtle spoof on Robo-Cop, right? Because if it is, I'm very excited to see how that looks."

OK, so here's the scoop on Goal #3:

We were NOT thinking of a Robo Cop at all, BUT...

WOW!

What a fun idea!!!

So, here's what could happen (just thinking out loud here)...

One side of the card could be The REAL Cop that we are adding to the game (he's an amazing guy who fights crime on-line -- no joke). He's really good at it too!

So that would be one side, and on the other side of the character board would be (possibly) the Robo-esc Cyber Cop Character.

So...

I think it's Poll Time!!!

Poll
When I think about the option of putting this Robo-Cop-like Character on one side of the Cyber Cop, I'm...
Lovin' it!
Hatin' it!
In the middle somewhere
      36 answers
Poll created by Common Man Games

Thanks in advance to all who vote on this!

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I prefer keeping the game real, no scifi stuff. Real life cops and events please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msmithscotland wrote:
I prefer keeping the game real, no scifi stuff. Real life cops and events please!

I respect that!

Which is why, even though I think this is a VERY fun idea, I voted "In the middle".

So...

Question:

We all know that tech is getting better and better, what if...

There was a character (fictional) that used REAL tech from today's world.

So it could be either...

1. a real drone (a robot)

or...

2. A hybrid (think 6 million dollar man type stuff).

What would you think then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Where is the motorcycle officer?

Hey David!!!

Thanks for posting cool ideas!

And...

On the motorcycle:

It's coming at some point, NO QUESTION!!!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valdore66 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
MASKED VIGILANTE:

Backer suggestion...

I like it!

Unfortunately, it might not be as crazy as you think: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287807/Batman-Costu... . . .

That's what's great about this theme, sometimes true events are stranger and crazier than fiction!!!

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rubberduckie wrote:
How about some cards like Security Cameras, Interpol or Neighbourhood Watch where you can look at the first few cards of a deck to give you an insight into what is coming.

A big boss leader that controls a gang and while he is on the board the gang get an extra advantage as he is the brains behind them.

Nice!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
How about an "Unknown Circumstance" being a false alarm. You know how on the police shows how they have a "Suspect has a firearm" but when the police show up it was just a water pistol, toothbrush, or cell phone?!? Then of course the officer has to discuss with the person who made the call about endangering the lives of the officers... but for game purposes it could be 'no effect'. As in when causing the players to over prepare for something, allocate too many resources to nothing when they should have used them elsewhere.

STRETCH GOAL #5 IDEA!

WOW!

Wheels are turning!!!

Look at SG #5

this idea could be part of that.

So the cops have to show up and put all their resources into it, BUT it turns out to be a false alarm, which means that the Emergency is solved once the token is flipped.

BUT, Cops get no rewards for handling!

LOVE IT!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet, but a couple of suggestions are

1. K9 unit

2. Outgunned (often the criminals have access to better weapons than the
cops)

3. Psychic help

4. Vigilante
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no time between 2 jobs and a lazy demeanor to read through everything, so I apologize if this has been brought up here or anywhere else.

My thought would be a true investigation of a crime. The "crime report" card would include an initial clue pointing to a named piece of evidence located in a deck whose location is only hinted to by the "crime report" card's clue. This would be the initial clue of the game. That clue could be a visual, a smell, a circumstance, a thing, etc. Depending on what it says, you may think you need to go to the doughnut shop, or the cafe, or the morgue, or the pharmacy, etc.

If, based on the initial clue, you have chosen the location correctly you will find that previously named evidence card within that deck. That piece of evidence will also include another named piece of evidence and a clue that would lead you to the second deck that would contain named piece of evidence #2, if you choose the 2nd location correctly.

Obviously if you choose wrong you will have wasted time searching through a deck that contained a piece of evidence not previously named by the clue. You would then re-shuffle the deck you wasted time on and move along. This also means you have to reconsider the previous clue and try again to choose the right location and it's corresponding deck.

All of this would be done vs. a time element. Follow too many wrong leads, explore too many locations, and you will lose.

*Edit* BAAAAAH! This would be impossible to pull off due to the need for randomization. If you can't randomize, you will know where the named clues are. If you do randomize, the game won't know where they are. BLAST! Maybe Ole can figure out a mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I don't have the game yet, but a couple of suggestions are

1. K9 unit

2. Outgunned (often the criminals have access to better weapons than the
cops)

3. Psychic help

4. Vigilante

Great stuff!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff Kelly!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple of ideas...

1) What about undercover narcotics? Perhaps some kind of mechanic that would make dealing with thugs easier, but with a potential to "corrupt" the officer serving that detail? Like add a die each time they do the easy elimination. Not sure what would happen when corrupted (become Dirty Cop? or permanent negative numbers to their abilities?)

2) Also more stuff involving the Dirty Cop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.