Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really a question so much as a surprisingly awesome thing we found out last game.

ORDER UPGRADES STACK.

You heard me, son. They stack.

Quote:
Each faction has two order upgrade cards that apply to
orbital strikes. A player decides whether to use these cards
before rolling dice.
» A player can use multiple order upgrades during the
same orbital strike.
» Each order upgrade card can be used only once per
game round.

AND

Quote:
• If an effect allows a player to resolve one order as if it were
a different order, the new type of order can benefit from the
use of other order upgrade cards.

I had been ignoring orbital strike cards because I thought they were lame... I was wrong.

Here's the scenario:

Corsair Raid (Advance order -- 1 Command, 2 Materiel)

"After you resolve a combat while resolving this order, you may perform 1 orbital strike in the active system."

Oviously the Eldar trounced the Orks in space combat and proceeded to strike the objective planet:

Tactical Strikes (Advance Order -- 0 Command, 1 Materiel)

"During this orbital strike, gain 1 combat die, and you may spend 1 Morale die to choose 1 enemy unit on the world. That unit must suffer damage first during this orbital strike."

Here's when we questioned the rule, can he really use an order upgrade on an upgraded order? YES. YES HE CAN.

Well at least he is not positioned to invade right after this, due to where his ground troops are:

Strafing Run (Advance order -- 2 Command, 3 Materiel)

"Enemy bastions do not prevent this orbital strike. During this orbital strike you may spend 2 Defense die to move any of your ships in the active system to 1 friendly or uncontrolled void in an adjacent system."

Oh boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly scarier scenario.

Chaos Faction's

From the Warp
+ Fear From Above
+ Complete Destruction

What's that? You thought you were safe behind that warp storm? have 8 dice in your face. Anything hit and not dead is routed, oh and one of your units/buildings automatically dies.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where did the quote come from that says you can resolve multiple order upgrade cards in one turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused by this, by stack what do you mean? An order card can be used only in one combat round, it does not impact the next combat round? Or I am missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calixtus Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
I think he means you can use two Order Upgrade cards in a single action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calixtus wrote:
I think he means you can use two Order Upgrade cards in a single action.

Ah alright. Yes, thanks The way he worded it seemed strange and since this same rules twist wasn't news to me (I am used to games that allow you to use multiple cards in the same turn) I just could not read between the lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pohrawg wrote:
Where did the quote come from that says you can resolve multiple order upgrade cards in one turn?

Both quotes are from the Rules Reference. First one ist on page 9 "Orbital Strike", second on page 10 "Order Upgrade Cards".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevis Marlar
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Interesting. Entertaining. Informative. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
We had a situation discussing this very thing at tonight's session and figured it would be wicked over powered to allow them to stack, so they probably don't. I'm quite excited to see how it goes that they do.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.