BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Storage boxes for game pieces, in the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorna B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi I have seen many people talking about plano boxes and the like to store game pieces in. I can only seem to find them on places like Amazon and Ebay, does anyone know any physical shops in the UK where I can get these or similar boxes from please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Johnson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbycraft, Staples and The Range all sell a selection of boxes that are good for keeping game bits in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
For me...

Clas Ohlson has a limited range.

Poundland or any of the 99p stores sell plastic boxes of nails/screw/picture hanging kits. Just tip out the contents out and use.

The Works has a large box of those Loom Bands, which nicely houses all the miniatures from Space Hulk 4th Edition.

Maplins, and especially The Range has a nice selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall McKenzie
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely get ye to Poundland. My local one just shut down and I'm very sad because I buy loads of little pots for board game pieces there (apparently it was a lease thing, so hopefully they'll come back!)

But also I suggest Wilko, head over to the DIY section and they have lots of containers with different compartments for screws and such, whereas Poundland tends to be single containers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorna B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tried Wilko but they didn't have much at all in the DIY section in the way of small storage boxes(could just be my local one though)

The Range had a few but will check out some of the pound and 99p shops round here tomorrow when I head to the local shops for other bits too..

Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbycraft has the best selection imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.