Subject: Connecticon - questions / looking for feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mindy Kyrkos
United States
Sunnyside
New York
flag msg tools
...................................................................................................................................................................
badge
It was the Police Patrols, snooping into people’s windows. The patrols did not matter however. Only the Thought Police mattered.
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m considering attending Connecticon in Hartford this weekend and wondering if anyone can provide any feedback? I am pretty much only interested in boardgaming – no RPGs, CCGs, LARP, etc., or any other fandoms, and just wondering whether there is enough boardgaming action to keep me engaged.

Scheduled games: I see a decent number of boardgame events, but no indication of how one would sign up for them. Is it just show up and play on a first come, first served basis? Do these events usually get enough players to get played? Or too many and players get turned away?

Open gaming: Is there a designated area and/or a boardgame library? Is there a decent crowd for open gaming opportunities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been in years, so I'm probably not the best judge, but the mean age seems like 15 or so, and the board game area wasn't heavily attended. I don't know if the crowd has changed since then, but I felt like it was geared more towards the teens overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is an ok library but this is NOT a board game con, overall.

I expect scheduled events will have enough players though. The crowd is cliquey . If you are alone it is harder to find players than at most conventions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The program shows 600 games in the library. Some newish ones. Deus, give tribes, king of ny, ... but also 4 versions of monopoly candyland, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The board gaming has exploded over the past few years. It went from being a small conference room to taking over one of the main open spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.