dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a box of "Bandu" yesterday and i'm super excited to increase the numbe rof blocks/pieces (yep, totally getting carried away before i even know if i really like the game!).

Well, anyway, i thought we could try and make a list of playes/websites/other games that are good sources for extra parts for band/bausack!

If you have any recommendations, post them here and share the list!

I've been using this site quite a bit for all kind sof wooden parts:
www.craftparts.com

and then i was really lucky to find a cheap copy of this building block set at a thrift store a while ago:

the amazon entry says it's by "HABA", but i'm pretty sure mine is identical but was by some other company (HABA must have taken over the production).

Result of my first attempt at expanding my copy of Bandu:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only just realised there is another great supplier of wooden part: www.Caseyswood.com

They more or less seem to have the same or very similar stuff to www.craftparts.com

Of particular interest: they offer a 1lb bag of random geometric pieces for just a couple of $:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found an AMAZING but pricey site in germany that sells all kind sof fantastic shapes:
http://www.tischlerschuppen.de

Most of them are probably a bit on the big side, but the smaller sizes would be perfect for Bandu... A shame they're so expensive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For people in Germany:
There are a couple of interesting options, i haven't found a store though with the same amopunt of stuff as those american stores,

http://www.kreativ-depot.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Faulconer
United States
pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through www.woodnshop.com & www.woodnshop.net
It is one of the worst built web sites that I've tried to work with. From their old and new site I tried to order one of each of as many 3d style shapes. After writing down each of their item numbers, descriptions, price, & quantities, I sent them an email with it. Got a quick response. Got a package a few days later.

Almost all of them are absolutely fabulous additions to this game. (a few were not gonna work) Played a few rounds of Knockout already. My play group has played many, many games of this. It was a great to see players deal with new challenges, and the 2 new players didn't realize that a bird or snowman wasn't part of the game.

All my current bandu pieces.

Just the new ones that i ordered

The acorn is much worse then I thought.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spinner158 wrote:
I went through www.woodnshop.com & www.woodnshop.net
It is one of the worst built web sites that I've tried to work with.

Just the new ones that i ordered

Awesome! Yeah, i actually stumbled over their site but forgot to include it. I think the other sites i listed actuayl offer the same stuff but with an interface that doesn't look like an amateur put it toegther in 1995.

I love those pieces! I think i've actually had most of them in my shoppingcart on those other site for a while (but not ordered yet because i've probably got enough stuff by now...

Which of those pieces have you found most/least playable?

i love the acorn, the apple, all those christmas teee type objects!

How did you paint them? from the picture it looks like you're pretty close to the original colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Faulconer
United States
pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How did you paint them?

75 cent, craft smart acrylic paint, wine color.

Quote:

Least: the lighthouse and giant snowman, they just take up too much space.

Meanest to a new player: acorn and star, they are deceptive. There is no flat surface on either of them, making them look simple but toxic to the tower

Playable: all the rest mix in nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spinner158 wrote:
Quote:
How did you paint them?

75 cent, craft smart acrylic paint, wine color.

Quote:

Least: the lighthouse and giant snowman, they just take up too much space.

Meanest to a new player: acorn and star, they are deceptive. There is no flat surface on either of them, making them look simple but toxic to the tower

Playable: all the rest mix in nicely.

they look fantastic!

My idea was to paint pieces from different sets/purchases in different colours to keep them separate incase i ever want to sort the original game out again for any reason.

I've picked up some "rit dye" in the colour "teal" and have been experimenting with it, it really works quite well, creates a nice and rich stain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.