Trajan» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone finished the Commodity pile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell, can you remember games where the Commodities pile was cleared? So only 2 open piles remained.

I haven't found the rule about re-shuffling open piles when the closed one has finished, possibly, it's not needed at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
petyr wrote:
Please tell, can you remember games where the Commodities pile was cleared? So only 2 open piles remained.

I haven't found the rule about re-shuffling open piles when the closed one has finished, possibly, it's not needed at all.

last time I played we had 2 players going heavy on shipping and commodities and we did have to shuffle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Once, and yes 2 players played heavy on shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
last time I played we had 2 players going heavy on shipping and commodities and we did have to shuffle

But don't these two piles just lay open, and players draw 1 card per turn from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
petyr wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

But don't these two piles just lay open, and players draw 1 card per turn from them?

If the draw pile is empty, re-shuffle all the discards and make new draw pile, draw one card each to make a new discard pile.
That's the common sense I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
If the draw pile is empty, re-shuffle all the discards and make new draw pile, draw one card each to make a new discard pile.
That's the common sense I guess.

I thought it might be written in some other rules - in English version there is nothing about re-shuffling. On the other hand, when all players agree to do something that was not clearly stated by rules, it's their home rules and their way to have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized: we need the pile for 1) playing Trajan "Take 2 Commodities and 3 VP" tiles and 2) taking 1 or 2 random Commodities when player just lists 1 or 2 cards from his hand. So - yes, it's common sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Boris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend played a game on boiteajeux.net and we purposely choose many shipping actions. We went through the face down draw pile and it was gone. The game didn't reshuffle the discard piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.