Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Justin Redd
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I played a game in '99 or 2000 that I haven't been able to find in the geek yet. I'm pretty sure it's here, but I can't remember it's name.

The game consisted of a set of about thirty vaguley puzzle-piece shaped bits of cardboard and a deck of cards.

The cardboard pieces were about 2.5 inches square, but shaped somewhat like puzzle pieces. Each piece had a unique shape. On one side, each piece had some colors, on the other it was just plain black.

The cards had images of the playing pieces on them, I think three per card. On one side of the cards the pieces were shown in color, on the other side the cards had the sillouette of the pieces.

Gameplay consisted of spreading out all the pieces on a table. Then flipping a card. All players then try to put their fingers on the pieces shown by the card and claim them before the other players do. It was a weird mix of pattern recognition and dexterity.

Does anybody know what the name of this game was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
Vie by Victory Point Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a real stab in the dark: Scan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redd
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nope, not Scan. I think it is a much younger game than thirty-six year old Scan. Maybe published in '99 - '01?

But the playing tiles themselves were shaped similar to the purple puzzle shapes pictured on the cards in this image of Scan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not Bamboleo, is it?

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
It's Tip Tap.

Incidentally, it's often possible to find games with this kind of limited information by using the Advanced Search page. That's actually how I found it - I knew I had seen the game, but couldn't remember the name, so I searched for all games in the Real-time category published between 1998 and 2002, then went down the list and looked at the pages for the few that seemed like possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Redd
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bingo! Tohuwabohu is the game!

Many thanks to you three for helping me find this.

Dan, I'd tried some advanced searches, but didn't find it as I was being too restrictive in my categories and mechanisms. Thanks again for digging this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Dragon
United States
Willows
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused...

Why couldn't you remember the name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.