Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rog B
United Kingdom
Manchester
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm currently marking up a set of playing cards to try this, and one of the toughest things to remember is the effects of each card number without resorting to a list.
I'm just adding icons and names to cards to act as a better reminder of what each card does. Here is my current list, has anyone got any better names/icon ideas? (bear in mind, icons need to be extremely simple, distinct, and drawable underneath each card corner number.)
the action/even naming gives the game a sort of loose Kingdom/Dominion medieval theme that goes with the court and royal cards without going TOO generic fantasy.

card numbers are based on the designations as per the original rules
format: NAME - icon - card # and rule

EVENT CARDS (A,2,3,4,5,6,7,9)

DISASTER DROUGHT- Skull
Aces: Every point-scoring card on the table, for both players, is moved to the scrap pile.

ASSASSIN - dagger
twos: Place one royal on the table into the scrap pile.

GRAVEROBBER - shovel
Threes: Sort through the scrap pile and pick any card you like.

BANDIT - Bow+arrow
Fours: Your opponent removes two cards from his hand and places them in the scrap pile. He gets to choose.

HARVEST/PROSPER - Wheat?
Fives: Draw two cards from the draw pile.

REVOLUTION - guillotine
Sixes: Every royal card on the table is placed in the scrap pile.

BLESSING - Cruciform Ankh
Sevens: First, draw one card from the draw pile. Second, immediately play it in any fashion you like (e.g. as a point card, a scuttle, or a one-off). You must do this.

ORACLE/WITCH - Crystal Ball
Nines: SEND ANY CARD TO TOP OF DRAW PILE (this is a variant, original is send to owners hand)

ROYAL CARDS (8, J, Q, K)

SPY - looking glass
Eights: Opponent plays with hand revealed

THIEF - money/swag bag
Jacks: Thieves played on points change owners

GUARD - Shield
Queens: Guard protects cards from targeted effects as normal rules.

KING - Crown
Kings: reduce amount of points needed to win.

looks like a fun game to play, if it turns out to be a favorite i'll probably end up doing some full art PrintnPlay ones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've gotten a custom deck printed through MakePlayingCards.com and really enjoy them (picture to be posted). Having the effect written on each card helps new players into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.