Irkon Nokri
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

Hello !


I) Setup : "T1 N7 1xZone Survivors (engineers)+ w/ Max Strauss+"

Special rules : "The Zone Survivors (engineers) w/ Max Strauss will appear on hex M8 during their first activation (...)"

It seems to me that this unit with Max Strauss setup on N7 during the campaign, or appears on M8 during regular mission plays, right?


II) Darkness

a) Manual page 8: "Darkness - Units not in appropriately protective terrain (i.e defensive bonus hex) receive 1 hit during each of the Darkness' Cleanup phases."

I wonder if only terrains conferring a natural defense (Crop Field, Sand, Shellholes, Urban and Woods) protect from Darkness or if Corpses, Sandbags and Wreck too?

b) Scenario 2: "Reminder: Units on, or flying over the Magdeburg hill receive 1 hit during earch of the Darkness' Cleanup phases". Manual page 8: "Darkness - (...) Units on, or flying over the Magdeburg and Holterberg hills receive 1 extra hit."

During Darkness, it's clear that units flying over these hills are instantly destroyed. But concerning land units on these hills, the "Hill's hit" only concerns units not in appropriately protective terrain or all land units?

Thank you




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
Irkon wrote:

I) Setup : "T1 N7 1xZone Survivors (engineers)+ w/ Max Strauss+"

Special rules : "The Zone Survivors (engineers) w/ Max Strauss will appear on hex M8 during their first activation (...)"

It seems to me that this unit with Max Strauss setup on N7 during the campaign, or appears on M8 during regular mission plays, right?

Shouldn't it read:
Special rules: "The Zone Survivors (engineers) w/ Max Strauss will enter hex M8 during their first activation (...)"

From my understanding the setup hex during the campaign and regular play is the same; hex N7.
And during the first activation, the Zone Survivors and Max Strauss will move to M8 and on the 2nd activation they'll repair the bridge.

Irkon wrote:

II) Darkness

a) Manual page 8: "Darkness - Units not in appropriately protective terrain (i.e defensive bonus hex) receive 1 hit during each of the Darkness' Cleanup phases."

I wonder if only terrains conferring a natural defense (Crop Field, Sand, Shellholes, Urban and Woods) protect from Darkness or if Corpses, Sandbags and Wreck too?

The rule state that units not in appropriately protective terrain receive a hit.
Now, if we look at the terrain chart on page 8, we see that Corpses, Shellholes etc. are listed as terrain, too.
There isn't a distinction between "natural defense" and "non-natural defense".
Therefore, Corpses etc. should protect from Darkness too.

Irkon wrote:

b) Scenario 2: "Reminder: Units on, or flying over the Magdeburg hill receive 1 hit during earch of the Darkness' Cleanup phases". Manual page 8: "Darkness - (...) Units on, or flying over the Magdeburg and Holterberg hills receive 1 extra hit."

During Darkness, it's clear that units flying over these hills are instantly destroyed. But concerning land units on these hills, the "Hill's hit" only concerns units not in appropriately protective terrain or all land units?

I interpret it that units on those hills not in appropriately protective terrain receive 2 hits. Units in protective terrain receive 1 hit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irkon Nokri
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

Thank you for these very comprehensive answers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.