Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does riding to the mine count as traveling? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If you buy a horse, I know return from the mine counts as traveling, but does riding to the mine?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Flamme
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does it say that somewhere? or is that your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Flamme
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Traveling with a capitol 'T' is a specific game term that refers the time after the Adventure and before the Town Visit. Are you asking whether you get the bonus xp from a mount when you go to an Adventure as well as when you travel back to town? The answer is no, you only get it when Traveling from the Adventure to the Town Visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Park Previs
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
This reminds me that I was initially confused as to why you would only perform "travelling" activities from mine to town and not from town to mine. We might implement the standard travel activities for both directions. It would be a house rule, but then you would get to use your horse more often. Plus, I find the travel activities rather amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks guys.

My group is asking all kinds of questions.

Just want to be sure were playing it correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that if you have Traveling also occur going from Town to Mine, you can make the game more difficult. You risk Travel Hazards which can mean that Heroes start Adventures with more wounds, and likely having used up their starting Grit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.