Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The oldest addage of this game is that one has to constantly adjust to the number of dice that are still in play. In order to fool luck into thinking you know her when she dresses up you must constantly calculate the odds.

In this game of bluff I was sloppy. Sloppy or lazy, who knows. One should never lose three dice, well almost never. If you are in a whole then bail out and cut your losses with a star or a one up bid. There is no dishonour in losing to a crafty bluff, but just don't lose to stupi mistakes.

In this game I was first out. I lost a dice early but then enjoyed the conversation more than then game and raised to nine dice when there were only 20 on the table. Surprised I lost, no.

What I did do well is explain the game. Our two new players, Dave and Jacob faced off, though jacob came in with four dice to Daves one. We were, by now, cheering Dave and he did not disapoint us when he made it 3-1 on the first face off. Then just when it looked lost he took a 2x 3s bid and went to 2x5. The reponse was quick and 3x5s was bid. Unfortunately he had been caught and was stuck with a true bid. 2x*s or bluff, both were even odds and he choose the blufff. Both were losign bids and Jacob wins his first game. I can expect a request for this game again soon from Jacob. Well done Jacob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.