Subject: re-roll all on next turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When it's your turn again, do you re-roll all dice? the rules say that tou must roll all your dice, while on the player aid it says to roll all your dice that are not in your dice tray. So, the ones that you used for the previous spell, since they where in the active dice tray, will they remain rolled or you grab ALL of your dice and roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You roll all of them, just as it says in the rules. The player aid compresses things a bit in order to be valid for subsequent rolls on the same turn. It does not override the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
26october wrote:
When it's your turn again, do you re-roll all dice?

Yes.

Quote:
on the player aid it says to roll all your dice that are not in your dice tray

That's because you repeat steps 2.I-III over and over until all your dice are set aside.

The instruction in 2.I is accurate for all the times you repeat this step, but slightly inaccurate for the first time you do it each turn (when you do roll all your dice, as stated in the rules).

The player aid is a *summary*. It is hard to be both precise and concise at once; that's why rules exist, to clarify and explain things in detail that are only summarized on the components.

If you prefer, move all your dice out of your dice tray at the start of your turn; then the aid's 2.1 instruction will be completely accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot! I just received the game and it was a little unclear at first but I'm glad to tell you that we played correctly, it was the only way it made sense :-)
My daughter(9, gaming since 6) loves it, it's exactly what we were expecting: something light enough to play with non-gaming friends, yet not boring, much better than RollTTA (wonderful, but the same everytime, ugh)
Thank you, Tom, you made my day with Ciub
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks for your kind words.

You might also enjoy RTTA:Iron Age (the sequel to Matt Leacock's RTTA:Bronze Age), which I designed to have a number of different strategic paths...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.