Subject: World of ASL Compendium on Desperation Morale website updated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
For those who might be interested, I've made live a major update to the World of ASL Compendium to my Desperation Morale ASL website. It contains write-ups, info, and photos of all ASL products released in 2015, as well as some of the ones from 2014 that did not get into the previous update.

probably easiest to filter by year (first 2015, then go back and do 2014) to see the newer stuff

http://www.desperationmorale.com/world-of-asl/introduction
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Riley
United Kingdom
Bridport
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work Mark. In particular, your reviews of the CH winterised geo boards have saved me a small fortune, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best ASL site ever!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
goatleaf wrote:
Great work Mark. In particular, your reviews of the CH winterised geo boards have saved me a small fortune, thanks!

You are more than welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mark,

I appreciate the work you do for the ASL community with your website and reviews.

And I agree with your general assessment of CH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, that is one of the best sites on the net! I guess this is a wonderful opportunity to simply say

Thank you Mark!
May your dice always roll low meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Lynott
United Kingdom
Altrincham
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with everything Mark said about HP in his latest update, keep being honest in your views and being willing to share them with us, great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you very much--I am glad you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thanks, Mark!

Although I was intrigued by the ASL foray into the ACW, you've set me straight and saved me a great deal of money and frustration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Amoore
South Africa
Benoni
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indispensable site, probably the best in the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Mark. Between the play aids and the reviews you have given us an invaluable resource. I particularly like your reviews of the Critical Hit products; you don’t hesitate to point out the stinkers but you give credit where credit is due (Hero packs, Fire and Ice, Hill of Blood).
Well done sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
greggie66 wrote:
Thanks Mark. Between the play aids and the reviews you have given us an invaluable resource. I particularly like your reviews of the Critical Hit products; you don’t hesitate to point out the stinkers but you give credit where credit is due (Hero packs, Fire and Ice, Hill of Blood).
Well done sir!

With CH, sometimes it takes more than a little effort to maintain the needed objectivity....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pitman wrote:
greggie66 wrote:
Well done sir!

With CH, sometimes it takes more than a little effort to maintain the needed objectivity.... :)

But you still pull it off. IMHO Critical Hit gets a bad rap; yes, Ray can be a character but he and Maureen have always treated me very well. (No other company sends me a Christmas email wishing me well). I’ll admit some of their stuff has issues but I like the aforementioned products plus the older issues of the magazine.

On a different note, are you coming to the Albany tournament in December? If so, drinks are on me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mark, always appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, your work is unvaluable!!!
Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
Thanks!!!

..even when it is invaluable

sorry Ruben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the work, Mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark,

Your thoughtful reviews reinforces why I (and my wallet) have been "CH free" for 4 years now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to add my voice to the chorus of Thanks Mark. Great ASL resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first got into ASL, I only bought the official MMP/Avalon Hill stuff, and I bought everything I could lay my hands on. I didn't really need the Desperation Morale website because I just bought it all. I now have everything official, except for a few very expensive HASLs (BRT, ABTF etc) so I am starting to dip my toe into the water of other ASL producers. This is when the DM site comes into its own and really helps me decide which are the very best third party products I should look out for. Hopefully I will be able to keep the number down to a very few third party purchases! Thank you, Mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Qwirz wrote:
Thanks!!!

Thanks---I think...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Don't forget that you can leave comments under every item in the World of ASL Compendium--so if you agree or disagree with an item, you can say so. And you can go and put plugs in for your favorite ASL items, too, encouraging others to try them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pitman wrote:
Don't forget that you can leave comments under every item in the World of ASL Compendium--so if you agree or disagree with an item, you can say so. And you can go and put plugs in for your favorite ASL items, too, encouraging others to try them!

This is a very thoughtful and welcome addition, Mark. Seeing as how ASL'ers are known to be just a wee bit opinionated at times, allowing for public comments on a well-known review site is a class act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.