Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Reese has his Gallant Defender card, which has a boost that says "If your opponent has Wakeup when you play this card, discard it."

So, Reese uses Opportunist and strips Wakeup from his opponent. But then that opponent still gets to go, correct? Because turns alternate back and forth except after a Strike, right?

Following that, if Reese uses Gauntlet Fury as the Attacker, he would give Wakeup to his opponent, and then, if he hit, would take it back, and so, when the Strike resolves, it would be his turn again?

Meaning that Opportunist is only actually used to strip someone of Wakeup if they might have abilities that can benefit it, not to effect turn order in any way, right? Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding Turn Order and Wakeup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are meant to discard Gallant Defender, not the opponents Wakeup card. Boosts effects are only active if their card is in play, so this means you cannot use this after scoring a hit (unless using Reece's unique ability to pinch the Wakeup card on stun).

Is my interpretation correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
I think you are meant to discard Gallant Defender, not the opponents Wakeup card. Boosts effects are only active if their card is in play, so this means you cannot use this after scoring a hit (unless using Reece's unique ability to pinch the Wakeup card on stun).

Is my interpretation correct?

If that's the case, then the wording on the card is terrible. "Wakeup" is the subject to which "it" should be referring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
This wording is to Future-proof against effects which might force you to play the boost. So instead of "you can only play this card if your opponent has wakeup", we instead always allow the play, and immediately discard the card if the condition isn't met.

I agree that we should make it more clear though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be more clear?

From
+2 Speed and +1 Power. If the opponent has Wakeup when you play this, discard it."

To:
+2 Speed and +1 Power. When you play this card, discard it if opponent has Wakeup."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.