Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad I will never have it. Running the Tomb map, with the 2 player scenario, I was trying to avenge for my earlier loss. I lost to a Valkyrie+Throgrim and Krav Magas. That was just a slaughter, as the Valkyrie got to the top of the cave and use the Summoning glyph to bring over Throgrim, making that one formidable duo. This time, I got the first pick, and chose the Airborne Elite. My opponent (Philip) chose Agent Carr and the Valkyrie. I then chose Krav Maga Agents. He took Marro Warriors. I took Sgt. Drake Alexander. He took Samurai Warriors. I take Thorgrim (I was afraid he may pull out the same combo as before). He took Viking Warriors. Mine was a few less points, but overall a rather even game.

The battlfield was set, but the reinforcements soon messed up some plans! Utilizing some Aerial Supremecy, the Airborne Elite dropped in to the high ground, taking control of the ruins! In the first activation, The Elites jumped on the Range glyph, the Summoning glyph, transporting Thorgrim to the top, to give them some beef, and moved into range. They were just enough range to lob some Grenades onto a neatly arranged group near the Valkyrie. (Does the Range Glyph work for special attacks? I wasn't sure, but I was within range anyway). The soldiers released their loads, to a laughing Philip (my last grenade attempt did next to nothing). Well, he wasn't laughing long, as 2 samurai and 3 Vikings went down immediately, even with the bonus to Defense. Agent Carr, the Valkyrie and the Marro warriors slowly made their way up to the caves, the Warriors taking pop shots at the units on the top. A huge tactical blunder on my part kept my Krav Maga's on the bottom, vying for the Glyphs, which I overprioritized. They went down quickly to the Blade of Reckoning, while Sgt. Drake didn't have much time to get there. The grapple gun got Drake to the top of the caves, where he was content fighting with the Thorgrim against the Valkyrie, who had made her way to the top of the caves to remove the Troopers. One Elite went down, but they were still able to all but remove the Marro Warriors from contention with their incredible range. The tide soon turned, though, when Agent Carr and Sgt. Drake finally faced off, and Carr's 7 Dice (from the attack glyph) rolled 5 skulls to my 1 Shield (out of 5 dice, with help from an adjacent Throgrim). It was a devastating attack, and one I couldn't recover from, losing all my Paratroopers, I had no range left, and he had Carr and his remnants of the Samurai and Viking warriors. Drake fell, with Thorgrim falling soon after.

In the aftermath, I noticed all the mistakes. Throgrim wasn't that useful, as he wasn't really necessary for my plan of attack. I could have used more attack die to go along with all my ranged fire on the cave top. The Krav Magas would have been better served to be at the top of the caves, and I overvalued the boost Glyphs on the bottom. They were good, but not worth it to face off with Carr. Overall, I still had a GREAT time fighting this scenario, and its still set up, ready to go again. I really enjoy playinw without the Dragon and Orc Rider for now, until I maybe have a bigger battle or more of the huge characters. I really like this map, and hopefully I get another play of it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Special attacks are uneffected by glyphs or height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riledguy wrote:
Special attacks are uneffected by glyphs or height.

Ah, thats good. I didn't think it would affect the special attacks, didn't make much sense. They were in range anyway, so thats good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teh Slipperboy
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
The attack isn't affected by glyphs or height, but the defender can benefit from either or both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mib668 wrote:
The attack isn't affected by glyphs or height, but the defender can benefit from either or both.

Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to disagree, but ALL attacks benefit from height, including special attacks. I'm not so sure about glyphs though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 15 of the rulebook - "Special attack rule: special attacks can never be modified by glyphs, other special powers or height advantages."

The defender DOES get the bonus dice for height/glyphs etc, but an attacker using a special attack does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake. Apparently, this is a "new" rule from my original set. My Rulebook only has 12 pages (not 15). I'll use it from now on, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to download a copy of the latest rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~tboisver/heroscape/misc.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.