Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Starting over with 2.0, but where are the Story Quests from the original rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I upgraded everything to 2.0 using the official Downloads, and now I would like to give Myth another try.

Since I would like to keep some gear, I would like to start by earning a title using a Story Quest (waiting for "Darkness Tested", and then possibly loosing everything is kind of Diablo in Hardcore Mode and may take some days).

But where are those Story quests? Should I use those from the original rule book? Are there any official ones? Why aren't they printed/released?

Thanks in advance for any reply! Hopefully 2.0 won't frustrate me like 1.x...

Regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redoing the story quests from original book into modules is currently in-progress. They focused on the core rules and cards initially, to get them to players as fast as possible.

They will release them for free when they are complete.

Edit: If you want to play official modules you can start with the Fury OF Fireborne released on their site, and the latest Rise of Revenant. While waiting for the module rewrites of the rulebook story quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
You do have to use the original stories for now.

The base game stories will eventually be converted to module format, but the KS stories will not.

Even so, I'm sure the stories will be much better with the new quests - using quests from the deck when there is no other quest element on the tile.

You could even cherry pick quests from deck and insert them into stories for a module - like experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your replies!

Seems like I will have to wait a bit more since the released stories have no title at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
just write your own story as you play...thats how the game works best.
every story-quest in the book is based on 3 - 4 tiles...the last one most of the time a combined one.
start with a random tile, set yourself a goal (reaching a specific destination, you break out of a prison, you look for you daughter, what ever you like) and play through this amount of tiles and treat the acts like part of a story. cause thats what sets myth apart from other games. you create a story as you go along, you kinda now whats coming but you dont since there is a random factor to all realm tiles.

just my input
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't Fury of the fireborn grant a title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Squatting Monkey wrote:
Doesn't Fury of the fireborn grant a title?

It does. A title called Demonbane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, didn't see that! I'll start with "Fury of the Fireborne" this evening then!

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us know how it goes.

I'm excited to play Fireborne as well, but I'm waiting for the actual minis from KS 2.0.

Which is not a problem as I've yet to finish my current campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.