Heroes of Normandie» Forums » General

Subject: Battlegrounds - Swamp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out what the symbol represents on the swamp located on some of the Battleground boards, so far I see...

- Vehicles can't enter
- Amphibious vehicles can't enter
- Infantry: ??? ( I see a blue and red arrow, but have no idea what it
means)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked their webside? whistle

Download / Rules / Game Help - Battleground Set & Gaz #3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
M√ľnchen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are rules for Haystacks,Fields and Rocks, but not the Swamps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
- Infantry: ??? ( I see a blue and red arrow, but have no idea what it means)

The rules for that symbol are coming in the Shadows Over Normandie rules (and hopefully the new edition of the HoN rules)

Difficult Terrain
The Infantry shield with the blue and red arrows is "Difficult Terrain", which is a bit more serious that the "Difficult Passage" you have seen previously on Hedges.

An infantry unit that enters an element with that symbol immediately receives a Suppressed marker, and unlike other Suppressed markers received during a move (such as from Opportunity Fire), it takes effect immediately, reducing the unit's movement. However, an infantry unit can enter a difficult terrain space by spending its last movement point.

If the unit still has movement points available, it can continue to move.

Swamp
The Water symbol with a line through it and the 'impassible to vehicles' symbol combines with the Difficult Terrain symbol for Swamps.

As indicated by the other symbols, no vehicles may enter a swamp space.

Mud
A mud space has the difficult passage arrow + the impassible to vehicles symbol and means just that -- Infantry has to end their move if they enter the space, and vehicles may not enter the space. Unlike hedgerows, there is no cover provided by mud, so there is not +1 to infantry defense or Obscured LoS modifier as seen on a hedgerow.

That should do until the actual rules are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be helpful is a Terrain Chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
What would be helpful is a Terrain Chart.

What is this, ASL? devil

The idea behind the symbols was to avoid just such a chart, but I must admit do agreeing with you so some extent, although all I want is a complete glossary of symbols.

I have pinged Axel about this and he hopes to update the GameHelp with info on swamps when he gets a chance. Given the length of his "to-do" list, when that will be is anyone's guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.