Hide
14 Posts

Albion's Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Baker
msg tools
Maybe this has been asked elsewhere, but I cannot find it.
You start your turn by moving 1 space onto a Repair, or Healing tile. You must end your movement. You repair 1 item, or heal 1 wound.

Do you still have movement left? Or can you NOT move off of the tile, and back onto said tile to repair/heal more than once in a single turn?

Does this count on tiles in the Wilds?

Just something that has come up. We play it as if you still have movement left. Have we broken a rule?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rules somewhere: your movement (or is it turn?) ends after receiving a beneficial effect from a tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Baker
msg tools
Bottom of Page 5. Got it.
"Im many cases, a player may activate a realm tile marked with a symbol to end their turn and gain a benefit."
The only exceptions are the dungeon and virtue tiles.

Grr...another oversight. I swear my anxiety to play caused my rush of the rules.

Another read through is upcoming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua has basically covered this but on the Reference Card Dave it shows what type of tiles the Realm Tiles are and in simple turns they fall into two types Active and Passive.
For Active tiles you have to basically declare you are using the tile you are on to gain the benefit and that ends your turn even if you still have movement left. As your turn is ended you also cannot immediately activate any bonus you have just received, such as the extra movement from a Mount or play a card ability (like the Map of Albion and such for a Realm Tile).

"The only exceptions are the dungeon and virtue tiles." you missed the end bit, Dave, about these two types of tile as these are mandatory not optional to use if you end your turn here, i.e. you must draw a Threat card if you finish your turn in the Dungeon Realm Tile or draw a Virtue Plaque if you finish in one of these locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do dungeon tiles activate if you move through them or do you have to stop and draw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the tile:

Threats activate as soon as they are scouted or moved on.

The beneficial tiles activate by choice, ending your turn.

Encounter tiles activate once per turn per character when you move on or through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only one Dungeon tile and that is the Dungeon Realm Tile in Camelot.

Roaming Threat tiles only activate when they are revealed due to a Scout action #

For Road Tiles, your turn pauses when you move onto one and you draw an Encounter card and activate the effects. In most circumstances your turn then continues as before.

# Some cards do amend this, for example one of the Named Roaming Threat cards causes a player to draw a Roaming Threat tile whenever you land on the tile/as you move through it so they act a bit like a Road Tile in this fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete-

We're playing dueling rule answerers!

I think your reading of the theat tile/scouting rule is correct. My answer is based upon another (mis)interpretation. If your reading is correct, does that mean if you blindly move onto a threat tile-meaning you didn't scout it first- it doesn't spawn enemies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the rules the only way you can add new Realm Tiles is through scouting and I don't think you can ever move into a tile blind. I suppose you could say that a blind movement actually includes an "auto-scout" action built into, but I don't think that is the way it is meant to be done and all movement can only be made between known or revealed tiles.

I don't think the rules say anywhere about revealing tiles when you move onto them and everything about new tiles relates to them being scouted first (such as "Players can also add new Realm Tiles to the board by Scouting" on Page 5 whilst the Lexicon defines a Roaming Threat Tile as "Tiles that require a player to draw a Roaming Threat Card when scouted."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, right again.

My rule reading has been sloppy lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries Aron will probably pop on line later and say I am talking out of my posterior again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think so. You've been on top of it and very helpful.

And I must say it's quite satisfying to be at the forefront of playing/figuring out this very fine game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised I respond before he did?
From my hotel in San Diego. Back to Canada tomorrow to attend to all of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey all,

Looks like you've figured it out! You can never move onto a tile blind. Scouting is the only way to explore new tiles without using a card or another effect of some sort, and none of those move you onto a tile blind.

Good work. I love seeing members of the AL community help each-other out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.