Nations» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion: lets me try a different approach rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skerasco Veraii
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamers and fellow Nations fans. What in particular excites YOU about the Nations expansion? What stands out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, nothing. I find myself buying new games with my gaming money, not expansions. I like Nations just fine, and it is a great game. But if I have a chance to pick up an expansion, or a new game, I usually go for a new game.

Maybe I am in the minority on this. But it is where my money goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaneAAA wrote:
Gamers and fellow Nations fans. What in particular excites YOU about the Nations expansion? What stands out?

Skerasco,

I'm a discriminating gamer, so any funding toward this pastime must bring maximum fun. So, while my overall game count is relatively low compared to other gamers, I'll gladly invest in worthwhile expansions, such as Merlin's Company for Shadows Over Camelot, To Forge A Realm for Kingsburg; Ladies of Troyes for Troyes, and countless Arkham Horror expansions. I'm excited to see an expansion for Nations, having only recently added it to my collection and have less than a half-dozen games played, thus far.

With any expansion, you either add to its depth (i.e. variety) or breadth (i.e. # of players). There have rarely been (to my knowledge, which is why BGG is an exciting place to receive feedback) expansions which hits both marks well. Anyway, in the case of this expansion, new cards are always a welcome gift to the decks, especially to players who have had Nations grace their Gaming Table for a few years.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.