Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The days after shipping, when I await copies of a new game, are always something of an emotional rollercoaster for me. The big fears are:

(1) Did the printers screw up? They do, but very rarely. For example, the Bomber Command map came out somewhat darker than expected, but it was not a big problem for players. And it was fixed on the mounted map.

(2) Did *I* screw up? Ah, yes. That moment of horror when you realise there were easily avoidable mistakes.

So far, the mistakes haven’t been many, but there are enough for me to be furious at myself. You guys already have the errata (posted in the files section of the BGG page) and know about the data issue on the Buffalo ADC. This is not a biggie, since the altitude brackets either side of the error are correct. But it’s a mistake, to be sure.

I just discovered another last night, where it turns out the Gladiator ADC is missing its background graphics with the torn paper edges and instead is plain colour. This has no effect on play at all, but it’s a deeply annoying graphical error.

Unless something big and bad comes along I’m going to give it a month before I issue a new errata sheet. Give it time for people to play the game and to shake out any bugs.

In the meantime, accept my apologies. These were my mistakes, not anyone else’s. And no one is more angry about it than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moore
United Kingdom
Buckland Monachorum
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee, I understand where you are coming from, I hate missing details or making avoidable mistakes.
However, there is absolutely no way you should beat yourself up. You have created some incredible designs that you should be very proud of and have very much enhanced the gaming lives of many of us. You have already updated rules and counters as well as creating and posting free scenarios here and are able to use c3i to supply new and updated counters to us when required.

You are always avaialable, either here or on CSW to support us as gamers and explain and clarify things, whilst weighing in on your opinions of why things were developed in certain ways. Your level of research is second to none when it comes to air combat games, and you have a level of creativity that I could only dream of, as evidenced by the ground breaking system in Wing Leader.

I would like to thank you for all the excellent games you have created and worked on, and I can't wait until my copy of Wing Leader arrives over here.

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is deeply enjoyable, and you should be proud of the project you have made! I understand what you mean about being nervous, but that is because you are so committed to your project, and it shows. I don't know of many things where v1.0 is as well-thought-out as your v1.0!

I am so happy that I now can go back and forth between RAF 1940, with its strategic campaign, and Wing Leader: Victories, with its tactical air battles, and revel in all the detail! One day, I think I'll combine the two...start out with RAF, then when a raid enters hunt phase, set up WL: Victories and play it out! I admit I stumbled on this game rather late in the P500 process so I haven't done a lot of reading up on it in advance, just now learning the system, but I love all of the detail and thought that went into creating this game, and look forward to many exciting battles for the skies! From what I've seen so far, the system looks to keep track of a lot of considerations, which I find to be a good thing, but in a way that is fairly straightforward.

Thank you for the excellent design!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a good game and a solid system. I'm already looking forward to Vol. 2. This could be the Combat Commander of the air!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game today.

Amazing product.

Thanks for making it, Lee. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
{snif} Everyone has their copy except me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotofficerprune wrote:

Customers first!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotofficerprune wrote:

Hopefully soon. I just spoke to them about the playtester copies, and those are supposed to go out this week. I'm surprised they didn't ship you one airmail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
Alecc wrote:
pilotofficerprune wrote:

Hopefully soon. I just spoke to them about the playtester copies, and those are supposed to go out this week. I'm surprised they didn't ship you one airmail!

It was disrupted, broken and had to return to base after being bounced.

Tom M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my arch-nemesis, the Experte pilot Hans Kniese von Bumpsadazee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Customers first!!! laugh

Actually that's not far off from what seems to have happened. I got a mail from the lady at GMT yesterday saying she was about to mail my copy out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotofficerprune wrote:
licinius wrote:
Customers first!!! laugh

Actually that's not far off from what seems to have happened. I got a mail from the lady at GMT yesterday saying she was about to mail my copy out.

Yep. Same thing happened to me: I got my production copies last, which is just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.