Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Gremlinator Customs: Elixir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as my first set weren't a disaster, I've decided to tackle a more challenging character for this game to help round out X-Force/X-Men: Elixir.

I think I've got the two commons sorted, but what does everyone else think the abilities for the Uncommon/Rare should be? And should I switch some of his team affiliations around? Start with X-Men then move into X-Force? The general theme I've gone for is him switching between his forms, from healing/recruiting to pure offence, I'm just not sure what abilities would help represent that.

One idea is for a new keyword along the lines of 'Leech' for his later forms, to sap the enemies life-force as he does to Wither and co. Maybe a similar mechanic to Bribe? Where one can use spare recruit points to lower the enemy attack?

I'll put up the pictures I've done for the U/R, to better show where I was headed haha, so the stats already there are most likely to change.

Common
A New Mutant

Covert
Cost: 3
Recruit: 2
You may KO a wound from your hand or discard pile
X-Men or X-Force: Gain +1 Recruit

Common 2
I'm Sorry

Covert
Cost: 3
Recruit: *
Attack: *
Versatile 2

Uncommon
Secondary Mutation

Instinct
Cost: 4
Attack: 3
KO a Villain in your Victory Pile, if you do, gain +2 Attack
X-Men or X-Force: Draw a card

Rare
Healer, No More

Instinct
Cost: 8
Attack: 4
Leech
Two X-Men: +3 Recruit
Two X-Force: +3 Attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gremlinator Customs: Elixir (WIP)
Almost broke out my "Who?" gif for this one.

Added to the Marvel Master Database. Put him on the X-Force team.

He seems interesting, I'll have to give him a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a reason the uncommon just says "Card Text"? And if you want to consider him waffling from attack to recruit, perhaps give him an ability a-la

"Discard a card with a * icon. If you do, you get +2 ///"

That make sense?

Also, I'd pick one affiliation or the other, or do my "dual affiliations" strategy. I think some cards with it and some without it is a little wonky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Edwards
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understand that reaction Ranger haha, he's been a favourite of mine since he essentially melted Stryker in anger.

Yeah, hadn't yet decided what ability to give him, so instead just uploaded the image to show the trend. That's a pretty good suggestion, shows him getting darker.

I'll probably do a dual affiliation version, with a lot of free time this week I could potentially attempt a New X-Men group. Could bring in Stryker as a Mastermind as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what exactly does Leech do? I see some ideas in the original post, but is there something definitive? Also, since it is only on one card, does it need to be a keyword?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.