Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Parsons
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically I am just looking to buy the most interesting and fun to play scenarios and cards. Do I buy deluxe sets? Cycles? Sagas? There seems to be a huge amount of options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all the Tales from the Cards Buying Guide is one of the most valuable resources when it comes to the decision what to buy.

Furthermore there are a lot of threads here with this or a similar question and if you browse the forum or google a little you will find a lot of opinions and recommendations.

Now my personal recommendations would be to buy the Black Riders Saga expansion which is very well designed and a lot of fun to play, especially if you like the LOTR books. It should also be playable with one Core Set and has a cool Campaign Mode. If you like it you could take the Saga expansion road. It's a matter of taste but I clearly prefer the LOTR Saga expansions over the Hobbit boxes.

In addition to that it very much comes down to your taste of theme.
Do you like dwarves and Moria? Buy the Khazad-Dûm deluxe expansion and the adventure packs of the connected Dwarrodelf cycle, those have some really great player cards and scenarios. Are you more a fan of Rohan and Silvan elves? Buy The Voice of Isengard and the Ringmaker cycle.

But if you don't want to invest too much money the Saga expansions are a better bet than buying deluxe expansions and additional adventure packs and they feel more standalone.

Or you could just do what I do and buy everything laugh

I wish you fun deciding and playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buy everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
buy everything.

Twice!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Parsons
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That card buying guide is ridiculously useful, thanks guys! Sorry for asking an often asked question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atendarius wrote:
That card buying guide is ridiculously useful, thanks guys! Sorry for asking an often asked question.
no need to apologise, and welcome to the game addiction!

i was sort of joking, but if you decide to stick with the game, you will eventually end up buying everything though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tenshu tenshu
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
My current plan (though I am fickle) is to play solo 2-handed, beat all the scenarios in the Core Set, and then just follow the Adventure Packs and Deluxe Expansions in order they were released. This seems to be a good way to keep deckbuilding and new scenarios in step with each other.

This is the best plan IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought the core game and these Saga expansions: Road Darkens, Black riders, and The treason of Saruman.
I reckon i start of by playing the few scenarios included into the core set and then as someone suggested here in this thread to start with the Road Darkens.
Does that seem logical? Im only now tonight trying to learn the rules reading the rules and watching some tutorials. So will probably not be able to play anything until this weekend, but looking forward to start a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zolamnus wrote:
I reckon i start of by playing the few scenarios included into the core set and then as someone suggested here in this thread to start with the Road Darkens.

The Road Darkens is the second saga expansion. The first one is The Black Riders, so you should start with this one.

Besides that your plan is totally fine. Just keep in mind that the third Core Set quest Escape from Dol Guldor is very hard if not almost impossible to beat if you are playing one handed solo with just the cards from the Core Set. Of course if any of the quests proves to be too difficult you can always try and switch to Easy Mode.

Have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.