Subject: BoardGameTables.com Board Game and LEGO Tables rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently moved into a new home and decided that the basement would be my dedicated gaming space. I posted a previous thread about moving my collection, and after setting up the shelves...

...next came the appropriate table. I am always inspired by the awesome tables my fellow geeks make themselves. I love looking through the DIY game table threads. I couldn't tell you the difference between a 2x4 and a 2x6 if you gave me a ruler, so I'll leave the custom tables to those in that line of work. Enter BoardGameTables.com. I went with BGT because of the cost and the look of the wood. I was in the market for two tables (I'll explain why in a bit) so cost was a pretty big deal for me. After picking out my options, I officially placed my order on May 9th. The tables arrived today (July 13th) in perfect condition. The packaging was excellent. The tables were delivered by a friend of the craftsman, which was a really neat personal touch. I ended up purchasing a Knotty Alder rectangle table with the 'Special' stain. I chose the Narrow Knit - Black fabric. For options, I went with six drawers and a cover topper. I went with the cover topper because, when placed on, the table has a bigger playing surface which will be excellent for playing miniature wargames (with the topper applied, the length of the table becomes around 67.5" and the width is just shy of 44". Of course I believe you can actually request custom sizes of your own preference).

Cover Topper Off

Cover Topper On

Krosmaster: Arena with the 3D Resin Board

Man, this table is gorgeous. I wanted to wait until I received the table before picking out chairs. Having a game room that I can actually play games with other people in is going to be a new and wild experience for me. I still have a lot of work to do in the game room. Posters, miniatures and their display cases, and other personal touches are still to come.

Now, about that second table. I saw a picture that BoardGameTables.com had posted on their twitter feed back in May. It was a picture of a table without the recessed gaming area, but still had a bit of a 'lip' around the outside edge. At the time I was also looking for a table for my LEGO room, and this was exactly what I had in mind. I wanted a table with some kind of lip around the outside to prevent small, round LEGO pieces from rolling off of the table when putting sets together. I decided to purchase this custom table (the table style isn't advertised on the website, but you can order one if you shoot them an email) with Oak wood and the 'Golden' stain which would look nice with my LEGO yellow walls in that particular room. No options, just a bare bones table, though looking back, adding some drawers on one side wouldn't have been a bad idea. Also, no topper for this table.

Once my board game room is finished, the LEGO room will be next. I'll be putting up shelves along the walls and I also need to find a chair for this table. Well, that about wraps it up. Thanks for taking a peek at my new tables! I hope you found them pretty cool, I know I sure do. BoardGameTables.com customer service is awesome and their tables are both sturdy and beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a bit of footage of how everything currently looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband would be so jealous of you. His games and legos must share a room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Argiro
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rick - Thanks for the review and video. I'm looking at purchasing a table from Boardgametables.com as well and wondering how strong the drawers are. Would they withstand the weight of some DnD books / a laptop comfortably? Or would that be pushing the capacity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That should be no problem. While I've been decorating my game room I've been piling heavy boxes and hardware on the game table and man that thing is sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Argiro
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, that's great to hear! I'll have one on the way soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.