Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I as many others have issues with some red/greens/Browns and sometimes purpled/blue. Would this game be a problem for me? I can't play Bruges because of the Reds/Browns and it's a shame. I would like to try this game instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Color blind friendly
This game contains yellow, light green, dark green, blue, brown and grey tiles. So it might be difficult to distinguish between them if you're having problems with colors.

Just check the images of the game if you can identify the 6 colors.
If not, this is not a game for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
missing "?" in thread subject I thought this thread was making a statement ymmv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This image shows the range of different images on tiles. Even if you have trouble differentiating between colours, each of them have symbols on them, which will aid recognition. You might just need to take it a little slower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DAAAN wrote:

This image shows the range of different images on tiles. Even if you have trouble differentiating between colours, each of them have symbols on them, which will aid recognition. You might just need to take it a little slower.

But what about the player boards aren't all the colors shown there with just dice symbols. That might present s challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I leave it up to you to decide if they are distinguishable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal

Achromatomaly

Acromatopsia

Deuteranomaly

Deuteranopia

Protanomaly

Protanopia

Tritanomaly

Tritanopia

The yellow and brown areas definitely could get confused, and occasionally the green. It's especially bad in the case of green-blindness (Deuteranopia), but if you look closely, you can tell them apart, it's just not very easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Van Peursem
Tanzania
Spring Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9
mbmbmbmbmb
The colors of the goods would probably be the most troublesome I would guess, as they are pink, red, orange, light blue, purple and brown. But they each correspond to a different die which is printed on the tile itself, so that could be used to differentiate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I as many others have issues with some red/greens/Browns and sometimes purpled/blue. Would this game be a problem for me? I can't play Bruges because of the Reds/Browns and it's a shame. I would like to try this game instead.

I'm colorblind and have no problem with this game.

I also can't play Bruges...but that's because it sucks, not because of the colors. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I'm colorblind and have no problem with this game.

I also can't play Bruges...but that's because it sucks, not because of the colors. devil

Out of curiosity, when you look at all the pictures in my post, does the "normal" image look identical to any of the other pictures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not color blind and I have trouble in lower light. At least in the version I have, the colors are not saturated and blend in yellow'ish color lights. Bright white neon helps.

I still enjoy it. I like Bruges as much or more. Bruges is also faster to play and easier to clean up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
I'm not color blind and I have trouble in lower light. At least in the version I have, the colors are not saturated and blend in yellow'ish color lights. Bright white neon helps.

I still enjoy it. I like Bruges as much or more. Bruges is also faster to play and easier to clean up.

Is Bruges easier to differentiate the colors for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
The yellow and brown tones blend unless I look closely. I can distinguish them when I specifically look but not at a glance.

... "this is yellow... this is brown.... another yellow..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seckin
Turkey
Besiktas
─░stanbul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this game for the first time last night and I also am colourblind (not sure what type, though).

It might have been due to poor lighting as well but I had a very difficult time telling the colours on the player board from one another, which made it quite hard to place the tiles I picked up. I almost always needed help with green/brown placement.

However, when I look at the photos you put, colours in the normal one can be distinguished easily. but Deuteranomaly and Protanomaly look identical to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seckind wrote:

However, when I look at the photos you put, colours in the normal one can be distinguished easily. but Deuteranomaly and Protanomaly look identical to me.

I am not colorblind and can usually tell shades apart better/faster than most and those two look alike to me as well, though perhaps the pastures are *sightly* darker in the Deuteranomaly? OR MAYBE I AM UNKNOWINGLY COLORBLIND ONLINE?!?!?!

I have a cousin who is part of my regular game group and is very colorblind (not sure what kind - troubles with reds/oranges/greens and occasionally blues -- worse than my dad who is related to him and also color blind). I am hoping he will be able to distinguish enough to play this game. :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howlsthunder wrote:
seckind wrote:

I am not colorblind and can usually tell shades apart better/faster than most and those two look alike to me as well, though perhaps the pastures are *sightly* darker in the Deuteranomaly? OR MAYBE I AM UNKNOWINGLY COLORBLIND ONLINE?!?!?!

I have a cousin who is part of my regular game group and is very colorblind (not sure what kind - troubles with reds/oranges/greens and occasionally blues -- worse than my dad who is related to him and also color blind). I am hoping he will be able to distinguish enough to play this game. :\

I ended up getting the game it wasn't as bad as I thought.. The goods tiles are a pain but easy enough to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.