Popular Tags: [View All]
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are under offer on a new house and a) I don't want to have to move 400 games again (we sold up and moved house last November) and b) I need funds to replace all the windows at the new place!!!

We are chain free so the transaction is only going to take a month which is our rental notice period, and the clock has already started!

Every now and again, I come across Geeklists selling/auctioning games. But they always tend to be linked within threads. How does one navigate to these Geeklists without a link? Is there a correct place for them? Do they actually get much exposure, as if I can't find them after 10+ years on the Geek, how do others find them?

I'd like to see a couple to understand the protocol before I create mine.

Thanks

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can subscribe to a Geeklist (or to a game or a forum thread).

See under the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread with a meta-list of geeklist auctions, lots of people subscribe to that to get notified when new auctions are added.

European Geeklist auction subscription thread

There's also a monthly European Auction Geeklist for sellers with a smaller number of items, but it's pretty moribund these days. If you have lots to sell an auction of your own is probably the best way to go.

Alternatively, there's also a very active facebook group for buying and trading games, lovely people over there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RpgUK/1049113981779289
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James - where are you moving to? Local?

If you have a list of all the games with prices I would be more than happy to look through it and make an offer for some. I'm always looking to seed trades, improve collection, cherry pick bargains etc. No postage if I buy as well, obviously. I agree with Joe's comments as the European Auction thread itself is withering on the vine. A single auction list could be productive, but you will need to put some effort in if you are going to be getting bidders and buyers all around Europe (unless limiting to U.K.). Boxing up and mailing could be a real pain, but I guess it will relate to how desperate you are to down size.

Give me a shout if you need any help etc.

Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. Unfortunately I'm not a facebook user, so that limits me.

How are auction/sales Geeklists distinguished differently, or aren't they?

Ahiksking wrote:
James - where are you moving to? Local?

If you have a list of all the games with prices I would be more than happy to look through it and make an offer for some. I'm always looking to seed trades, improve collection, cherry pick bargains etc. No postage if I buy as well, obviously. I agree with Joe's comments as the European Auction thread itself is withering on the vine. A single auction list could be productive, but you will need to put some effort in if you are going to be getting bidders and buyers all around Europe (unless limiting to U.K.). Boxing up and mailing could be a real pain, but I guess it will relate to how desperate you are to down size.

Give me a shout if you need any help etc.

Chris.

Hi Chris, nice to hear from you.

We've already moved once late last year to Billericay, and now attempting to move to Ongar.

The large majority of my games are still all boxed up from the last move! We only unpacked a select few (admittedly about 150).

Drop me a PM with your email and I can send the draft sale list for your perusal. I suspect you might have seen it before?

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Norbert666 wrote:
How are auction/sales Geeklists distinguished differently, or aren't they?

Strictly speaking there is no such thing as a sales Geeklist but if you include BINs then well...

100,000 feet.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/geeklist_auction

An auction on BGG has two parts:

1. A geeklist where you add items and people bid.

(In the header of the Geeklist you put your rules (you are pretty much free to create your own rules. Most importantly is when it will end, reserves, bid increments, a commitment to put sales through the BGG marketplace*, how PnP works, where you're willing to sell to/send to and any other rules/information you want to make clear. *You are required to state that all sales will go through the marketplace.)

2. A promotional thread in geekbay and a post in any relevant auction medalists.

3. Settlement:

When the auction ends. You list the items at the winning price on the marketplace and sent the winners the link. They click on the link and 'buy the item' and you approve the sale. They send you the money, you then send the item and BGG calculates your 3% commission cost.

General:
Auctions are pretty casual and you are the boss but it's pretty important that you stick to any rules you make. If you have any problems give Octavian and shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. What/where is GeekBay?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a forum, sticking a location in your title is worth doing (UK)

Geekbay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.