4 Posts

RoboRally» Forums » General

Subject: My first solo playthrough of Roborally - It went well rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I absolutly love this game. I love how the game mechanics are played out and the action on a player's move is so simple. There was never a moment where I got stuck or lost while playing alone which would resort to stop in the middle of gameplay and quit because I didn't know how to play and/or you need another person to play with you. Now there's a lot of games I own which I tried to get into and during the game session, there was one part or several parts where I had no idea how to play and I just gave up. That's not the case here in Robo Rally. One of the downside to playing solo is when you set up and strategize how you want to play your program cards on the primary player (the character I control during the current game session)you have to set up for the opponent character as well and you look for a smart move while setting up their program cards. But after you (the Primary player) take your turn, the set up for the opponent to make their move didn't turn out like you thought because when playing as the first player that took a turn, it shifted everything especially when you push the other player's robot in your way. Also sometimes that the cards delt are not always in your favor. you would get an x number of program cards and not one of them as a move space. they were all rotate cards

So to conclude this thread; this was a very easy game to get into when playing alone, and I ask, is there any reccomendations that people can suggest to me of games to get that are just as simple as this game? are there anymore games that are as similar to the game mechanics of Robo Rally? Does Dungeonquest counts....? I have that game but the gameplay aspect was rather harder and I don't want something like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hards
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the following sites for online play:

http://roboracer.net

http://www.robotiq3.nl/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
So to conclude this thread; this was a very easy game to get into when playing alone, and I ask, is there any reccomendations that people can suggest to me of games to get that are just as simple as this game? are there anymore games that are as similar to the game mechanics of Robo Rally? Does Dungeonquest counts....? I have that game but the gameplay aspect was rather harder and I don't want something like that

Well, it depends on what you mean by "similar". Here are a few guesses:

Spin Monkeys
duck! duck! Go!
Mississippi Queen
Ice Lake
Wings of War: Famous Aces
Fearsome Floors
Darter
Space Alert
Ricochet Robots
Khet: The Laser Game
River Dragons
Labyrinth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
while learning the game...play to learn...winning can come later after much playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:

I ask, is there any reccomendations that people can suggest to me of games to get that are just as simple as this game? are there anymore games that are as similar to the game mechanics of Robo Rally?

see: Asteroyds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.