Subject: Compared to Power Grid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this for the first time, approaching the wrong way round (2nd edition first).

It was 3 player, when I normally do Power Grid with about 5 players. The game certainly had more turns, even that 3 player Power grid because the deck is larger.

We played in the 3 southwest regions.

I got the plant #1 for 2 quid, which I though was cheap.

I fluctuated between 3rd place and 2nd place for the first few turns, before settling on 2nd, however Peter was on first and managed to pull ahead, whcih I wasn't expecting based on what I had read on the geek. A few times he got a good plant at face value which I was annoyed at because I didn't want to bid against him because I needed my money for network building- my capacity exceeded my number of cities.

That was what won him the game, but I don't know what I could have done about it other than risk a lot of money on buying something I didn't want.

Compared to Power Grid, the route laying seems more expensive because there are no free connections and very few cheap (under £10) connections. Also you have to watch out for malicious "spiking" whereby you get blocked out of cheap links.

The end game seemed to drag a bit, but I look forward to playing it again with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulclarke339 wrote:
The game certainly had more turns, even that 3 player Power grid because the deck is larger.

Not only because the deck is larger. Mainly because connection costs are higher, and payouts are lower; and you also need to connect more cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.