Popular Tags: [View All]
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow bgamers,

recently I've discovered the game Gauntlet of Fools, and found the concept to be interesting though reviews had been a mixture of "great!" to "not fully developed".

I do like the concept of "reverse bidding" and was wondering if there's any games that have a similar mechanic?

Also if you've played the game before I'll appreciate it if you can share your opinions

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone? :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Gauntlet of Fools myself, but a friend said Welcome to the Dungeon is similar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked it, but my group did not.

I think Welcome to the Dungeon may indeed be the better game.

Another similar game is Galaxy Trucker. More of the gauntlet, less of the bidding though.

Skull also generates the same feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to above suggestions.

Gauntlet hit a flat note in my circle. Nobody liked it, except me, and only because I saw potential in it and kept brute forcing playing it.

Haven't tried Welcome to the Dungeon, but it would be hard to do worse.

I mean, really, Dungeon Lords is somewhat similar in that you plan ahead (and while not bidding, you do jockey for position in various ways), and then your plans are executed against a team of adventurers invading your dungeon. It's kind of the reverse motivation (hurt adventures, rather than hurt monsters), but it's somewhat similar.

Somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone

Yeah I've also heard about welcome to the dungeon and had it pre-ordered (it's not available in my country)

May I ask though what is it about gauntlet that made it fell flat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.