Axis & Allies: WWI 1914» Forums » Variants

Subject: Rule Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Traylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I got this game about 2 weeks ago and found, like many, that the game is skewed towards the Allies. After multiple games I have come up with a new set of sides, a history/reasoning behind it, and a few rue changes.

History:
Like in our timeline, Austria-Hungry invades Serbia because of the Archdukes assassination. In this timeline, both Russia and Turkey come to their aid to protect their interests in the Balkan Peninsula. Germany, called upon by it's ally, invades France. France declares war on the CPs. Italy leaves the Triple Alliance and joins France and the other Allies because of promises to the Austrian lands in the Adriatic Sea. Britain joins the CPs because of long standing Anglo-French ideological differences and America, feeling anti-German sentiment by it's Northeastern population, finishes the Allied Quintuplet.

Reason:

This is to solve multiple problems with the original game, though the original game follows in a historical fashion.

1. The first problem was the IPC difference. The CPs had as major negative difference.

2. The next problem is that the Ottomans were in an unfortunate situation being susceptible to invasion by Russia, Britain, and possibly France and Italy. Now, the Ottomans can focus on the Balkans, something I enjoy a lot.

3. Finally, France in the original game is more safe then they were in real life. So, with Britain now given the option to invade, the war might actually be focused more on strategy, especially since both France and Britain will have to make the hard decision between land units and sea units.

Order of Play:

Austria-Hungry (CP)
Russia (AP)
Turkey (AP)
Germany (CP)
France (AP)
Italy (AP)
Britain (CP)
U.S. (AP)

Rule variants:

1. To help with some confusion, at least in my games, is that if a minor power's capital gets captured, it's colonies also get captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.