Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows, why the dice game has no variable player (nation) powers like the big brother?

I knoiw its a simple version but variable b-sides could have been included without making the game longer or more complicated.

I wa sthinking of buying the game after playing on yucata, but the missing B-sides keep me from it so far as I fear the game might thus get too samey after a few plays...

And another point: Why is the player count reduced to 4 (original 5)
Can't see a good reason for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
Why is the player count reduced to 4 (original 5)
Can't see a good reason for it...

Downtime.

I think the game is great with 2, enjoyment for me goes down with each additional player. I would pass on a 5 player game and play something else.

Also, it wasn't reduced from 5 to 4, Nations: The Dice Game to the best of my knowledge has always been a 1p - 4p game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
WAit for the expansion, it looks brilliant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
B-sides suitable for the base game were not possible/balanced/interesting, at least I could not find some way to include any.

Yes, adding a 5th player makes the downtime too long for this type of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Prins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there info on the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Alricins wrote:
Is there info on the expansion?

Nothing decided for sure yet, I hope the game continues to sell well so it can be released. I've hinted a bit about parts of it on the forums here. My prototype has come a long way and is very stable, it is on the second round of blind-testing now. Small tweaks, like today one tester suggested an interesting new way to play one of the new concepts in the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
will it be ready for Essen this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
will it be ready for Essen this year?

We hope the expansion for the big Nations game will be released at Essen this year, but the expansion for the dice game has no chance to make it. Due to the dice it is produced in China, and for any chance to have it released at Essen it should have already been in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downtime?

A four player game for us lasts about half an hour

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Melo
msg tools
mbmbmb
For the record, I ran a board game day yesterday with many varying levels of players (20 people at a cafe, from Monopoly players to folks who routinely play Twilight Imperium for breakfast), and Nations: The Dice Game was a run away HIT. I don't want to speak for the designer, but I think accessibility and simplicity might have been priorities for the dice game.

Everybody who played this one simply loved it. Lots of folks enjoyed Nations, but it definitely drew from a certain audience, while the dice game was fun for all levels of player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raika11182 wrote:
For the record, I ran a board game day yesterday with many varying levels of players (20 people at a cafe, from Monopoly players to folks who routinely play Twilight Imperium for breakfast), and Nations: The Dice Game was a run away HIT. I don't want to speak for the designer, but I think accessibility and simplicity might have been priorities for the dice game.

Everybody who played this one simply loved it. Lots of folks enjoyed Nations, but it definitely drew from a certain audience, while the dice game was fun for all levels of player.

Thanks, great to hear! Yes, accessibility and simplicity were very important for the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope we get an expansion this year. It has been a big hit with all player counts for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
raika11182 wrote:

Thanks, great to hear! Yes, accessibility and simplicity were very important for the base game.

This is one of my favorite comments. As it implies that with the expansion there will be some more depth. Don't get me wrong...I love the game as it is. For a family weight dice game. I would love the opportunity to have some more depth for more experienced players. Your other comments about unrest sounds great. I miss war from the full Nations game and Asymetric start would be a huge plus. I'm torn on a fifth player. I hear you about the down time. I guess I can just stick to Roll for the Galaxy when I have 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.