Popular Tags: [View All]
John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not exactly stated but I am guessing the number of dice used in a game is based on the number of players? And any extra dice is not used and stay in the game box.

For example: 4 players means 17 dice only (8 black dice, 8 Red dice, 1 blue dice). 5 players is 21 dice (10 blk, 10 red, 1 blu). etc.

That being the case...
Is there any rules/situations which will cause more dice than the initial numbers to come into play?
Edit: went through all the cards and it doesn't appear that any situation can result in gaining more dice in the game. But still, want an official word just for clarity sake. Played today and had the extra dice on the board, felt really wrong and it likely is, as the dice were always available. But I couldn't find anything in the rulebook about it. Set up simply said to give each player 4 dice but nothing about what to do with the extra dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that excess dice stay in the box, but yeah the rule book could be clearer. With less dice in the game, the choices of taking weak or strong dice are more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my main question after going through the rules, but in the end decided that they would have been be shown in the picture of the board, in the setup page. I've left them in the box every time and it has been fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The number of dice in a given game is locked to the number of players (# of players X 4 + 1). There is (currently) no way to get extra dice into the game, and they can stay in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.