Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,
Let me paste the portion of the rules I am having a mental block on:

Part 1: Players receive a Victory Point for the first settlement they build on an unknown island. This settlement is then worth two points.

So are we saying the first unknown island we build a settlement on is worth two points? Why not just give the player two victory points? Or why not make the victory point worth two points?

Part 2: Players receive two victory point tokens for the first settlement they bild on each additional unknonwn island. These settlements are then worth a total off 3 victory points.

So are we saying additional settlements on unknonwn islands are worth three points? Again, why not just give three victory tokens for a total of three points?

Thanks for your input ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
CaribbeanWayne wrote:
Hello,
Let me paste the portion of the rules I am having a mental block on:

Part 1: Players receive a Victory Point for the first settlement they build on an unknown island. This settlement is then worth two points.

So are we saying the first unknown island we build a settlement on is worth two points? Why not just give the player two victory points? Or why not make the victory point worth two points?

Part 2: Players receive two victory point tokens for the first settlement they bild on each additional unknonwn island. These settlements are then worth a total off 3 victory points.

So are we saying additional settlements on unknonwn islands are worth three points? Again, why not just give three victory tokens for a total of three points?

Thanks for your input ...

If I understand you right: The short answer is that settlements are already worth 1 point, wherever they are built. So, these bonus VPs are in addition to the settlement's "built-in" points. It makes the game more consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OF COURSE!!! Sorry, we usually count the settlements at the end and were not taking that into consideration. THANK YOU so very much for your time! Played Seafarers for the first time ... delightful!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.