Subject: Mark the expansion tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the expansion. I'm wondering if I should mark the expansion tiles for easy sorting. Anyone do this. What did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never remove the expansion tiles, so I haven't marked them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't determined a reason to differentiate the tiles. If I did I'd just remove the expansion tiles using the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for your answers. Have you experienced much dilution from mixing the expansion tiles in with the base set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a notable difference in playing Suburbia vs Suburbia+Inc.
Things like Airports are higher risk, since their may not be a mass of them, esp in smaller player count games.

That said, it's still the same game mechanically, and I for one have the expansion mixed into the base set and haven't gone back to 'vanilla' Suburbia since acquiring it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mark the expansion tiles for Inc. I've had to mark tiles before because my wife is green/blue color blind, and I find that a paint pen is ideal. You just put a small dot somewhere on the face of the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.